Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:07 AM
Subject: [nvda] Strange behavior in Gmail

I think I have raised this topic before.

When I write an email in Gmail only one word appears in each line.
Is there anything which can be done about it?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Øyvind Lode

I'm using gmail as well and I don't have this problem.
I'm using gmail standard view with firefox 51.0.1 and my screen reader
of choice is of course NVDA.
I'm running NVDA 2017.1.

On 23 February 2017 at 14:22, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
What browser and screen-reader are you using? Try whatever you like, a
different screen-reader, a different browser, or both. Rarely, I have a
page that doesn't display properly and changing what is being used solves
the problem. Or just use the read to end command and don't down arrow
through the message. I'm not sure if reading will be as smooth as desired,
but it may be reasonably adequate.

I think I have raised this topic before.

When I write an email in Gmail only one word appears in each line.
Is there anything which can be done about it?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@gmail.com

Albert Ruel

Try maximizing the screen.

Thx, Albert

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:07 AM

I think I have raised this topic before.

When I write an email in Gmail only one word appears in each line.
Is there anything which can be done about it?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Quentin Christensen

Quick note to Albert's suggestion - to maximize the screen, press WINDOWS+UP ARROW.

Regards

Quentin.

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:07 AM

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

If this behavior still exhibits itself after trying what's already been suggested I would also suggest that you clear browser cache in whatever web browser or browsers you're using to access Gmail.

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004

Arnþór Helgason

Thanks a lot.
I forgot to mention that this happens when I am in Thunderbird.
The Windowskey +up arrow works perfectly and has obviously solved my problem.

Best regards from Iceland,

Arnthor Helgason

arnthor.helgason@gmail.com

--
---

Arnþór Helgason,
Vináttusendiherra/Friendship Ambassador
Formaður/chairman
Kínversk-íslenska menningarfélagsins
Icelandic Chinese Cultural Society
Tjarnarbóli 14,
170 Seltjarnarnesi.
Sími | Phone: +354 5611703
Farsími | Mobile: +354 8973766
arnthor.helgason@simnet.is
arnthor.helgason@gmail.com
kim@kim.is

http://kim.is
http://arnthorhelgason.blog.is
http://hljod.blog.is

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't use their webmail but sometimes layout can be an issue, but not that often.
I find the web interface clunky.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I think I have raised this topic before.

When I write an email in Gmail only one word appears in each line.
Is there anything which can be done about it?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@gmail.com

Arlene

Hi, Using the gmail site is clunky! I have gmail set up in outlook.

I think I have raised this topic before.

When I write an email in Gmail only one word appears in each line.
Is there anything which can be done about it?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@gmail.com

mk360

I don't have this problem, and gmail is one of the most accessible sites of Google if you read the instructions from google and change actively between nav and browse modes.

However, I use Thunderbird in my home because it works faster, but the Web interface works great and is my choice in my office.

Regards,

mk.