Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:53 PM
Subject: [nvda] two issues

Hi All,

I have two main issues with NVDA that are causing me trouble.

1.  When I read email in outlook 2016 office 365 I get tons of blank lines
in the email. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Second: I have a machine with NVDA 17.1 on it, when I bring up the NVDA
menus they don't speak. Any ideas what I need to resolve?

Thanks so much for any input.

Sam

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Sam

if you do a say all use the nvda key + down arrow key it will read the
whole message and you will not hear blank lines where they are. you only
hear them if you do it a line at a time by using the down arrow key each
time.

I find it useful hearing them when writing up stuff.

The command was for a desk top pc.

the second question that you asked if NVDA is talking when you bring up
the preferences menu, just use the down arrow key and it will speak the
first item on the menu and where ever you go to in the menus with the
arrow keys.

Or is it some thing else like nvda not speaking at all on the pc?

Gene nz

On 24/02/2017 8:53 AM, Sam Bushman wrote:
Hi All,

I have two main issues with NVDA that are causing me trouble.

1. When I read email in outlook 2016 office 365 I get tons of blank lines
in the email. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Second: I have a machine with NVDA 17.1 on it, when I bring up the NVDA
menus they don't speak. Any ideas what I need to resolve?

Thanks so much for any input.

Sam

Sam Bushman

NVDA speaks when I am not trying to view the menus. On all other pc's when I
press the down arrow it works great but, on this machine it doesn't speak
when we try to arrow trough the menus in nvda.

Sam Bushman
LibertyRoundTable.com
801-756-9133

--
<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

There are 2 commands the first is for a desk top pc and the second is
for a lap top.

Say all
NVDA+downArrow
NVDA+a
Starts reading from the current position of the system caret, moving it
along as it goes

Gene nz

On 24/02/2017 9:26 AM, Sam Bushman wrote:
[...]

is the menus in focus for nvda if not you might be able to see them but
doesn not mean nvda is focused on them. There may be another windows
open that it is looking at.

some times using the alt key + tab key once or two times will do the trick.

[...]

Interesting, I just fixed the menu not speaking problem. For some reason an
nvidia control panel waqs up. I finally got rid of that and the speech came
back.
Thanks,
Sam

Sam Bushman
LibertyRoundTable.com
801-756-9133

[...]

for speaking menus also try for example: insert+p for preferences.
i mean its shortcut directly like preferences which i mentioned.
and for blank lines, if i read line by line, i also counter many
blanks line in gmail, firefox or maybe other programs.
use insert+a for using say all in laptop keyboard and insert+down for desktop.
hope that helps and God bless you all.

On 2/24/17, Sam Bushman <libertyroundtable@...> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account

Do you hibernate your pc?
Ifound these same things after a while. The only option was to close down pull the plug or battery for a few seconds, then put it all back and do a restart. What happened? You guess is as good as mine, but it seemed to me that the offending bit of software was an old copy of Goldwave, but this could have just been coincidence. also the context menus in programs stopped working as well.
My guess was that the local copy of the registry was broken and forcing a complete restart brought in the new copy.
However if you always restart from a no power situation, it could be that the only answer is to take the computer back.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I have two main issues with NVDA that are causing me trouble.

1. When I read email in outlook 2016 office 365 I get tons of blank lines
in the email. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Second: I have a machine with NVDA 17.1 on it, when I bring up the NVDA
menus they don't speak. Any ideas what I need to resolve?

Thanks so much for any input.

Sam

Brian's Mail list account

I gave up on Outlook but not for this reason, it was just too complicated.. grin.