Announcing immediate release of Enhanced Touch gestures add-on version 17.03

Hi all,

For those who are using NVDA on toushcreen computers: Enhanced Touch Gestures add-on 17.03 is now available. This version resolves incompatibility with NVDA 2017.1 (specifically, it now deals with multi-monitor setups). More info can be found at:

https://github.com/josephsl/enhancedTouchGestures/releases/tag/17.03

Cheers,

Joseph

I still can't get the touch gestures to work half of the time. Usually, when I try, NVDA just goes totally haywire. This isn't a recent thing either. As I recall, Joseph, you and I talked a while back on the phone about this. I still to this day on my MS Surface 3 have the same results, if not worse. Half the time flicking and double tapping doesn't work, and anything requiring multiple fingers practically never ever works.

Yes, I do have the latest version of the addon installed, and yes, I'm on NVDA 2017.1, but even still no improvement.

Even on my mother's HP laptop with a touch screen, I tried over there, and again, no dice. Same oddities.

I've practically completely given up 100% on touch. Just for the record, JAWS is doing the same thing both on my Surface as well as on my mom's laptop. I'm usually incredibly good at picking up a touch screen device, and within less than a day, I usually have it pretty well figured out, so this isn't anything like me performing the gestures wrong, that I know of.

Chris.

For those who are using NVDA on toushcreen computers: Enhanced Touch Gestures add-on 17.03 is now available. This version resolves incompatibility with NVDA 2017.1 (specifically, it now deals with multi-monitor setups). More info can be found at:

https://github.com/josephsl/enhancedTouchGestures/releases/tag/17.03

Cheers,

Joseph

Kevin Cussick

I find nvda very bad with touch as well. I hope at some time the devs might do something with touch. I thought it was just me, but to many users seem to report that they can't work touch. I know someone will come back and say it works well with me but I have about 5 tablet devices and just can not get nvda to play well with touch I have given up.

On 25/02/2017 02:25, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
[...]

Back in the days, I even sent a buglog to Joseph, and he couldn't seem to figure out the problem.

I'm definitely not here to play the blame game, so please please know that! Over all NVDA is just! fabulous! but this is one area that no matter what I try doing, no matter what hardware I use, I just cannot seem to get working as advertized.

Chris.

For those who are using NVDA on toushcreen computers: Enhanced Touch
Gestures add-on 17.03 is now available. This version resolves
incompatibility with NVDA 2017.1 (specifically, it now deals with
multi-monitor setups). More info can be found at:

https://github.com/josephsl/enhancedTouchGestures/releases/tag/17.03

Cheers,

Joseph

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Heh, I'm one of those who would report the touch gestures work just fine. :)
I have a windows 8.1 machine and NVDA touch gestures do indeed work just fine. There's one gesture that isn't in the documentation, (don't remember which one, though I did report it here), but otherwise, I can work with the gestures just fine. I don't use them often, but they do come in handy for certain tasks, or if I don't feel like turning on my wireless keyboard for just a couple quick and simple things.

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:

I find nvda very bad with touch as well. I hope at some time the devs might do something with touch. I thought it was just me, but to many users seem to report that they can't work touch. I know someone will come back and say it works well with me but I have about 5 tablet devices and just can not get nvda to play well with touch I have given up.

I wonder then what on earth I may be doing wrong along with others.

I don't doubt you in the least, but it's clear that I'm doing something wrong apparently. One finger gesutres work maybe 75% of the time, but add any more fingers, forget it!

If it helps, this is a Microsoft Surface 3. not a pro, just a plain old Surface 3. Also beware, not a surface 4. Just a 3 running Win10 Home 64 bit.

I should add that I've tried with Narrator, and though I don't understand all the narrator gestures, I can! tell you that they do seem to consistently work, just not with NVDA, nor JFW.

Chris.

Heh, I'm one of those who would report the touch gestures work just fine.
:)
I have a windows 8.1 machine and NVDA touch gestures do indeed work just
fine.  There's one gesture that isn't in the documentation, (don't
remember which one, though I did report it here), but otherwise, I can
work with the gestures just fine.  I don't use them often, but they do
come in handy for certain tasks, or if I don't feel like turning on my
wireless keyboard for just a couple quick and simple things.

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:

> I find nvda very bad with touch as well.   I hope at some time the devs might
> do something with touch.   I thought it was just me,   but to many users seem
> to report that they can't work touch.   I know someone will come back and say
> it works well with me but I have about 5 tablet devices and just can not get
> nvda to play well with touch I have given up.

Kevin Cussick

Hi, good I just can't seem to get on with it and I have really tried.