Topics

Windows 10 App Essentials 17.03 released

Hi all,

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows 10 App Essentials 17.03. If you have 17.02 installed, go ahead and check for add-on update (NvDA menu/Preferences/Windows 10 App Essentials, then Update button).

More info can be found at:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/17.03

Cheers,

Joseph

Sam Bushman

Hi Joseph,

Can you please explain how to update again?

I feel stupid but,

menu/Preferences/Windows 10 App Essentials,

but, when I go to the preferences in nvda I don’t have an app assentials option.

If I go to tools I then hve add-ons and under that I do have app assentials installed and running.

then Update button).

I don’t see an update anywhere. When I go to the site you listed below and try to right click to save the download stable version I just get an html page.

If I try to click on it nothing happens for me.

Thanks so much in advance for the extra help.

Thanks,

Sam

More info can be found at:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/17.03

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi Sam,

Which version of the add-on are you running (perhaps earlier than 17.02)? If so, go to the following page:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

From there, go to “stable version” link, press ENTER, and when asked to open or save, choose whatever you’d like to do then install the add-on.

[...]

Bill Dengler

Hello,
Why is this a separate add-on? Shouldn’t we try to integrate these into NVDA mainline?

Bill

On Feb 25, 2017, at 5:02 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows 10 App Essentials 17.03. If you have 17.02 installed, go ahead and check for add-on update (NvDA menu/Preferences/Windows 10 App Essentials, then Update button).

More info can be found at:

Cheers,
Joseph

No no.

NVDA>Tools, not preferences>Manage Addons.
Under here, tab to the list view of your installed addons, and find app essentials. Then, from there, tab to the update button, and hit enter.

Does that make more sense?

Chris.

Can you please explain how to update again?

I feel stupid but,

menu/Preferences/Windows 10 App Essentials,

but, when I go to the preferences in nvda I don’t have an app assentials option.

If I go to tools I then hve add-ons and under that I do have app assentials installed and running.

then Update button).

I don’t see an update anywhere. When I go to the site you listed below and try to right click to save the download stable version I just get an html page.

If I try to click on it nothing happens for me.

Thanks so much in advance for the extra help.

Thanks,

Sam

More info can be found at:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/tag/17.03

Cheers,

Joseph

You know... I wasn't gonna say anything, in fear of being taken rudely, which I don't want, but I must say that in some respect, I have to agree here with Bill. I'm sure it's probably more or less a technical reason that we're failing to realize, but if anyone has any idea, please do let us both know. I get that it may just be that obviously... not everyone is running Windows 10, at which point, that would make perfect sense why not to commit slipstream it right into the main code.

Is that basically the reasoning?

Chris.