Using Adobe Digital Edition Reader with NVDA

Amber Pearcy

Hi all,

One of my textbooks is an Adobe Digital Edition, and it seems that I have to use Adobe's Digital Edition reader to access it. I can see the table of contents, but I can't access anything beyond that. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am getting further behind with each day that I cannot figure this app out! :(

Best,
Amber

Sent from my iPhone

You only need to use the app to download the epub it should appear in your documents folder I think its under ebooks or something I forgot where exactly anyway once you find where the extracted epub is you can use codex on it and then you can make that into any file you want to read text, html, word even kindle.
codex is at www.jscholes.net/projects/codex and is a calibre frontend using calibre as its engine.

On 1/03/2017 6:03 a.m., Amber Pearcy wrote:
Hi all,

One of my textbooks is an Adobe Digital Edition, and it seems that I have to use Adobe's Digital Edition reader to access it. I can see the table of contents, but I can't access anything beyond that. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am getting further behind with each day that I cannot figure this app out! :(

Best,
Amber

Sent from my iPhone

James AUSTIN

Hi everyone,,

Not to throw a spanner in the works, but is it not correct that Calibre will only convert DRM-free ebooks?

Thanks

James

On 28/02/2017 18:33, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

Yes but you can use codex to remove drm, you then can convert the resultant epub to whatever you want.
It won't work on an epub player after conversion it will be corrupted but you should be able to convert that to another format but codex was able to do it straight it doesn't just use calibre for everything.

On 1/03/2017 9:09 a.m., James AUSTIN wrote:
[...]

Gene

The discussion has moved into areas of illegal use.  Please stop this part of the thread.  If legal uses continue to be discussed, I won't close the thread but if discussions of how to circumvent DRM continue, I shall close it.  Illegal uses of software are not allowed to be discussed on list.

Gene
Moderator
-----

Mallard

Hello Amber,

That's pretty strange. I do use Adobe Digital Editions to read both epub and pdf books, and I do see the book content all along.

The only unpleasant side to it is that, although it keeps notifying the presence of links, clicking on them doesn't take me to the relevant position in the book.

What format is the book you're trying to read?

What version of Windows and of Adobe Digital are you running?

You can contact me off-list if you wish, so we don't clutter this list with back and forth messages.

We can then report back when we manage to solve the issue.

Ciao, hth,

Ollie