Mac users with NVDA?

N K Shackelford <nance62lady@...>

Can a Mac user access one's Mac computer using NVDA? I have a couple of friends who have a Mac, and one has "Snowlepard."  Not familiar with it, but I was suggesting that he get NVDA. I decided I'd better ask about this in case one cannot use NVDA with a Mac.

Thanks,

Nance

Armando Maldonado

Hello, the Mac has its own built-in screen reader called Voiceover. Unless the individual uses either a virtual machine to run Windows, or boot camps his/her mac and loads Windows, NVDA cannot be used. Hope this helps.

Armando

On 2/28/2017 9:48 PM, N K Shackelford wrote:

Can a Mac user access one's Mac computer using NVDA? I have a couple of friends who have a Mac, and one has "Snowlepard."  Not familiar with it, but I was suggesting that he get NVDA. I decided I'd better ask about this in case one cannot use NVDA with a Mac.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford <nance62lady@...>

Thanks very much. I'm glad to know this. I'm totally unfamiliar with anything Mac or Apple.
Nance

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:14 AM, Armando Maldonado <armando.maldonado0767@...> wrote:

Hello, the Mac has its own built-in screen reader called Voiceover. Unless the individual uses either a virtual machine to run Windows, or boot camps his/her mac and loads Windows, NVDA cannot be used. Hope this helps.

Armando

Thanks,

Nance

--
N K Shackelford
--Walk on faith and trust in love - Michael Reed--

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>

Yikes! Snowleopard? That's pretty dang old!

Absolutely not! There is a built in screen reader called Voiceover which needs to be used, and is 1? hundred! percent accessible.

I'm actually primarily a mac user myself, and even train people on the use of the Mac.

Get with me off list if you'd like some more clarification.

Chris.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 12:48 AM
Subject: [nvda] Mac users with NVDA?

Thanks,

Nance

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>

That doesn't mean however that a mac cannot be used by a blind person.

I do it every single day in my job with my audio production work, and encourage anyone who would like to know more to write me off list.

Chris.

Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mac users with NVDA?

Armando

Thanks,

Nance

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No unless they are using windows on the machine that is.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 5:48 AM

Can a Mac user access one's Mac computer using NVDA? I have a couple of friends who have a Mac, and one has "Snowlepard." Not familiar with it, but I was suggesting that he get NVDA. I decided I'd better ask about this in case one cannot use NVDA with a Mac.

Thanks,

Nance

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

The mac OS has everything different in that nvda uses types of accessible interfaces only found in real Windows, Mac and Linux and others have their own ways of doing things and hence it has completely different screenreaders to interface with them.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 6:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mac users with NVDA?

Thanks very much. I'm glad to know this. I'm totally unfamiliar with
anything Mac or Apple.
Nance

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:14 AM, Armando Maldonado <
armando.maldonado0767@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, the Mac has its own built-in screen reader called Voiceover. Unless
the individual uses either a virtual machine to run Windows, or boot camps
his/her mac and loads Windows, NVDA cannot be used. Hope this helps.

Armando

Can a Mac user access one's Mac computer using NVDA? I have a couple of
friends who have a Mac, and one has "Snowlepard." Not familiar with it,
but I was suggesting that he get NVDA. I decided I'd better ask about this
in case one cannot use NVDA with a Mac.

Thanks,

Nance

--
N K Shackelford
--Walk on faith and trust in love - Michael Reed--

Arlene

No, I’m afraid not. The Mac has it’s own screen reader called Voiceover.  NVDA is only used for windows and windows tablets.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of N K Shackelford
Sent: February-28-17 9:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Thanks,

Nance