Mac users with NVDA?

N K Shackelford <nance62lady@...>

Can a Mac user access one's Mac computer using NVDA? I have a couple of friends who have a Mac, and one has "Snowlepard."  Not familiar with it, but I was suggesting that he get NVDA. I decided I'd better ask about this in case one cannot use NVDA with a Mac.

Thanks,

Nance

Armando Maldonado

Hello, the Mac has its own built-in screen reader called Voiceover. Unless the individual uses either a virtual machine to run Windows, or boot camps his/her mac and loads Windows, NVDA cannot be used. Hope this helps.

Armando

On 2/28/2017 9:48 PM, N K Shackelford wrote:

Can a Mac user access one's Mac computer using NVDA? I have a couple of friends who have a Mac, and one has "Snowlepard."  Not familiar with it, but I was suggesting that he get NVDA. I decided I'd better ask about this in case one cannot use NVDA with a Mac.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford <nance62lady@...>

Thanks very much. I'm glad to know this. I'm totally unfamiliar with anything Mac or Apple.
Nance

--
N K Shackelford
--Walk on faith and trust in love - Michael Reed--

Yikes! Snowleopard? That's pretty dang old!

Absolutely not! There is a built in screen reader called Voiceover which needs to be used, and is 1? hundred! percent accessible.

I'm actually primarily a mac user myself, and even train people on the use of the Mac.

Get with me off list if you'd like some more clarification.

Chris.