Can't get speech to come out of my new headset

Lino Morales

Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Alexander Masic

is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in that list you can se what you have.

Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:

Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Lino Morales

No its a standard 3 MM jack.

On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in that list you can se what you have.

Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Robert Mendoza

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
No its a standard 3 MM jack.

On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in that list you can se what you have.

Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

When you plug them in, does it mute the current sound output?
If not there could be need for a driver being loaded.
It might be an idea to look at device manager and see if your usb source shows up at all.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in that list you can se what you have.

Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Gene

Do other headphones work?

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:12 AM

No its a standard 3 MM jack.

On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
> that list you can se what you have.
>

> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Gene

If a standard jack is being used, there are no settings.  Either the headphones work or they don't.  The first thing to do is test with other headphones or with some other way of sending a signal to something using a patch cord and the same jack, such as to an amplifier or tape recorder or powered speakers.

The problem may not be the jack itself, it may be a driver problem or some other problem I may not know enough to consider but there are no settings in such a case.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Chris Mullins

                Is it a specific jack for headphones, if so is there also a Mic jack you could have accidentally plugged into?  If it’s a multi function jack, have you selected headphones usage?

Cheers

Chris

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

On my copy of windows 8.1, plugging in a headset doesn't automatically switch input to the headphone jack.  Windows pops up a dialog, and asks me what kind of headset it is, and defaults to skullcandy headphones even if the brand isn't.  I need to choose one of the headphone options and click the ok button (yes, click it, pressing enter doesn't work), then the output is routed through the headphones.  This user may be experiencing something similar.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Avast logo

Lino Morales

This is the only headset I have. I even reinstalled NVDA and no dice.

On 3/3/2017 7:36 AM, Gene wrote:
Do other headphones work?

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:12 AM

No its a standard 3 MM jack.

On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
> that list you can se what you have.
>

> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Lino Morales

Yeah I'm thinking its a driver problem.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Lino Morales

Its the front earphone jack. At least this head has a piece of plastic on the cord that has the mic jack.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Gene

Unless you find that other audio plays and NVDA doesn't, which is extremely unlikely, there is no reason to do anything with NVDA.  It is very unlikely that NVDA has anything to do with the problem.  Do the headphones work when you plug them into other appliances?  The problem is probably in the computer but we should try to make sure that the headphones aren't the problem.

When you plug in the headphones, do the speakers stop playing or do they continue?

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:15 PM

This is the only headset I have. I even reinstalled NVDA and no dice.

On 3/3/2017 7:36 AM, Gene wrote:
Do other headphones work?

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:12 AM

No its a standard 3 MM jack.

On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
> that list you can se what you have.
>

> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Gene

Are you saying there is a back earphone jack as well?  Have you tried it?  Is this a desktop or a laptop computer?

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Lino Morales

Its a WIN 10 PC.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Gene

That doesn't answer any of my questions.  I asked if there is a back headphone jack and if it is a desktop or a laptop computer.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:43 PM

Its a WIN 10 PC.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Lino Morales

I'm not sure if thier is a bac headphone jack or not.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:43 PM

Its a WIN 10 PC.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Lino Morales

Well I'll be damned! I solved it! It turned out that my volume lever for NVDA was set to zer the hero. I started Narator, opened volume control and fixed that way. Thanks you all.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:43 PM

Its a WIN 10 PC.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Gene

Please answer the questions I asked.  I asked another question and it may be important.  I asked if it is a desktop or a laptop computer.  As far as I know, desktop computers don't intervene between the jack and the audio while laptops do.  In other words, in a laptop, when you plug in headphones, the computer, in its software, I believe is where this is done, changes from speakers to headphones.  In all desktops I've owned, when you plug in headphones, no software is involved.  Plugging in the headphones simply completes a circuit as in a conventional radio.  If you are using a laptop, a driver update may solve the problem, though I'm doubtful.  But it may be worth trying.  In a desktop computer, a driver would have no impact on the problem if the headphone jack works like the ones I've seen in desktops.  Please try the headphones in something else such as a radio or any other appliance you know works properly with headphones.  Before doing anything else, it is important to determine if the headphones are working properly.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:47 PM

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:43 PM

Its a WIN 10 PC.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM