Topics

Amazon No Longer Accessible?

kelby carlson

Has anyone else had serious issues with Amazon in the last day or two?
The website has totally changed its layout and a bunch of things are
no onger accessible. For example, when I click on a recent order it
takes me to a page where it only says how much I paid for the order,
but there's no link or anything to manage my order. So, for example. I
can't cancel a Kindle pre-order that I no longer want.

David Griffith

I have just had a look at the UK website www.amazon.co.uk and the recent orders pages still seems accessible.

I know this is not much help and I hopoe that the difficulties you are experiencing are not translated to the UK website.

It may be worth contacting Amazon to express concern over your difficulty. I am afraid Amazon have been pretty notorious on accessibility – being in my experience only reactive – responding to issues raised but not designing apps from the ground up to be accessible.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Has anyone else had serious issues with Amazon in the last day or two?

The website has totally changed its layout and a bunch of things are

no onger accessible. For example, when I click on a recent order it

takes me to a page where it only says how much I paid for the order,

but there's no link or anything to manage my order. So, for example. I

can't cancel a Kindle pre-order that I no longer want.

kelby carlson

I did contact them and they claimed they had no technical support.

On 3/5/17, David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> wrote:
[...]

I had to get my mom to update my payment methods

so it isn't just you.

On 3/5/2017 7:24 AM, kelby carlson wrote:
Has anyone else had serious issues with Amazon in the last day or two?
The website has totally changed its layout and a bunch of things are
no onger accessible. For example, when I click on a recent order it
takes me to a page where it only says how much I paid for the order,
but there's no link or anything to manage my order. So, for example. I
can't cancel a Kindle pre-order that I no longer want.

kelby carlson

Well, guess I'll have to look for a different online retailer or try
to buy products directly from the manufacturer.

On 3/5/17, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
I had to get my mom to update my payment methods

so it isn't just you.
On 3/5/2017 7:24 AM, kelby carlson wrote:
Has anyone else had serious issues with Amazon in the last day or two?
The website has totally changed its layout and a bunch of things are
no onger accessible. For example, when I click on a recent order it
takes me to a page where it only says how much I paid for the order,
but there's no link or anything to manage my order. So, for example. I
can't cancel a Kindle pre-order that I no longer want.

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'll probably have to do the same thing. The last time I bought a CD from Amazon was 2 years ago.

Well, guess I'll have to look for a different online retailer or try to buy products directly from the manufacturer.

On 3/5/17, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
I had to get my mom to update my payment methods

so it isn't just you.
On 3/5/2017 7:24 AM, kelby carlson wrote:
Has anyone else had serious issues with Amazon in the last day or two?
The website has totally changed its layout and a bunch of things are
no onger accessible. For example, when I click on a recent order it
takes me to a page where it only says how much I paid for the order,
but there's no link or anything to manage my order. So, for example.
I can't cancel a Kindle pre-order that I no longer want.

James AUSTIN

Hi everyone

I bought some USB memory sticks from Amazon on Thursday, and had no trouble at all in searching for and purchasing them.

Take care

James

On 05/03/2017 19:07, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

I'll probably have to do the same thing. The last time I bought a CD from Amazon was 2 years ago.

Well, guess I'll have to look for a different online retailer or try to buy products directly from the manufacturer.

On 3/5/17, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
I had to get my mom to update my payment methods

so it isn't just you.
On 3/5/2017 7:24 AM, kelby carlson wrote:
Has anyone else had serious issues with Amazon in the last day or two?
The website has totally changed its layout and a bunch of things are
no onger accessible. For example, when I click on a recent order it
takes me to a page where it only says how much I paid for the order,
but there's no link or anything to manage my order. So, for example.
I can't cancel a Kindle pre-order that I no longer want.

Lenron

last week the site seem to be working fine.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Arlene

Do you think there's a slight glitch?

Well, guess I'll have to look for a different online retailer or try
to buy products directly from the manufacturer.

On 3/5/17, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
I had to get my mom to update my payment methods

so it isn't just you.
On 3/5/2017 7:24 AM, kelby carlson wrote:
Has anyone else had serious issues with Amazon in the last day or two?
The website has totally changed its layout and a bunch of things
are no onger accessible. For example, when I click on a recent
order it takes me to a page where it only says how much I paid for
the order, but there's no link or anything to manage my order. So, for example.
I can't cancel a Kindle pre-order that I no longer want.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

kelby carlson

This was specifically in the last day or so. The layout of the site
had completely changed and a lot of the options simply aren't even
there anymore.

On 3/5/17, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
[...]

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 5, 2017, at 1:50 PM, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:

[...]

I just use the site a day or so ago to purchase something. I'm on the side at least once or twice a day. While I can say that there have been changes I haven't seen them to the extent that you are saying.
Have you checked to see which layout of the site you are using? The mobile, accessible version, or the full site? I asked that because when you use the mobile or accessible version there are a lot of options that are n't easily gotten two and the layout is a lot different.

I can confirm beyond a shaddow of a doubt, seeing that I ordered a few things last Friday, and also a few things even yesterday, and in both cases, with NVDA, JAWS, and heck, even with Narrator, I'm finding the website is working perfectly.

In fact, just looking at the site right this moment, it eben seems to be working perfectly.

Chris.
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 3:08 PM

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 1:50 PM, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:
>
> This was specifically in the last day or so. The layout of the site
> had completely changed and a lot of the options simply aren't even
> there anymore.
>
>> On 3/5/17, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
>> Do you think there's a slight glitch?

Gene

Do you have another browser?  I'm not saying the site hasn't changed but I'm skeptical.  I would expect to see a flood of messages on all three sites I follow if it had to the extent you describe.  If you have another browser, try it.

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 1:50 PM

This was specifically in the last day or so. The layout of the site
had completely changed and a lot of the options simply aren't even
there anymore.

On 3/5/17, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
> Do you think there's a slight glitch?

I've tried personally to navigate with JAWS, NVDA, and Narrator all 3 with Firefox, Chrome, and IE. I even tried with Edge, which, given the state of accessibility in general with Edge in consideration, all things considered, even that! worked fairly decently.

I also tried, just for the record with Chrome using Chromevox, and I've even just tested navigating around with Safari on the mac with Voiceover, and in all above cases, I'm currently finding at least on my end that things are working as expected.

Chris.

---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 1:50 PM

This was specifically in the last day or so. The layout of the site
had completely changed and a lot of the options simply aren't even
there anymore.

On 3/5/17, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
> Do you think there's a slight glitch?

For some reason my phones email is being really stupid today. It bottom posted my reply so I am reposting it.

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 1:50 PM

This was specifically in the last day or so. The layout of the site
had completely changed and a lot of the options simply aren't even
there anymore.

On 3/5/17, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
> Do you think there's a slight glitch?

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I read on the weekend there was a wide spread outage with them, maybe it has been fixed now or is it more navigation of it. The outage wouldive affected a few areas.

Gene nz

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 1:50 PM

This was specifically in the last day or so. The layout of the site
had completely changed and a lot of the options simply aren't even
there anymore.

On 3/5/17, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
> Do you think there's a slight glitch?

For some reason my email is acting up today. What I was trying to say was I have had no problem with the site using either my phone or My computer. I just bought something a day or so ago
Have you checked to see which version of the site you're using? The mobile, accessible, or full version? I ask this because if you use the mobile or accessible website there are a lot of options that appear to be gone. The layout is a lot different also.

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 1:50 PM

This was specifically in the last day or so. The layout of the site
had completely changed and a lot of the options simply aren't even
there anymore.

On 3/5/17, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
> Do you think there's a slight glitch?

mk360

I bought a LP in amazon.com at about 30 mins ago and it worked fine for me.

El 05/03/2017 a las 16:50, kelby carlson escribió:
[...]

Greg Wocher

Hello all,
I also just purchased some test strips for my blood glucose test meter and had no problems at all in doing so. It seems to be working fine. What it sounds like is that somehow the accessibility layout is being used.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On Mar 5, 2017, at 3:49 PM, mk360 <mk.seventhson@...> wrote:

[...]

I can confirm that I am just using the regular site as I always have.
As I said, I could purchase something if I had to but the layout of
the entire site is totally different and I cannot do things like view
full order summaries or cancel or modify orders.