Slightly OT: I have my gmail full and want to delete some amount of mail Can anyone help?


Ketan Kothari
 

Hi friends,

I am using NVDA 2017.1 and wish to delete a substantial amount of
mails. How do I do this? I believe I will have to use standard view.
Please do guide. I would like to avoid sighted assistance if I could.

Thank you.

With best wishes,

Ketan

--
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktaketan@hotmail.com
Skype ID: Ketan3333


Øyvind Lode
 

Hi:

Press * + a to select all messages in current label/folder.
Press shift+tab and you will land on a link to select all messages in
label since * + a only selects currently visible messages.
I'm currently in my nvda label and when I press * + a 50 messages is
selected since that what I've configured gmail to show on each page
and I press shift+tab and I land on a link named select all 5099
messages in nvda.
If I hit enter on that link I can simply delete all messages by
pressing the # key which is delete in gmail web app.
To use the shortcuts above you need to have keyboard shortcuts turned
on (found in gmail settings).
You can also use the same approach in the all mail view or after
filtering out messages by running a search.

On 7 March 2017 at 06:46, Ketan Kothari <muktaketan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends,

I am using NVDA 2017.1 and wish to delete a substantial amount of
mails. How do I do this? I believe I will have to use standard view.
Please do guide. I would like to avoid sighted assistance if I could.

Thank you.

With best wishes,

Ketan

--
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktaketan@hotmail.com
Skype ID: Ketan3333



Dejan Ristic
 

Hi friend,


Open your gmail account in your browser. After doing so, choose a button called "Basic HTML view." When you switch to it you will be able to go to the checkbox areas pertaining to each mail message in your inbox by using the X letter. The mails that you want to delete are to be checked by the space bar. When you have done the checking, use B to find the delete button. Press it, and your checked mails will be sent to the Trash folder. If you wish to empty it too, the procedure is the very same. I use Mozilla Firefox to handle my gmail account. You can also engage other browsers, though.


If you wish to find the HTML view in Chrome, you are obliged to switch to the focus mode, for only then will you be able to find the very button by using tab and/or shift tab. If you use Firefox, be in the browse mode, and go to the very top of the page to find the very button, either.


If you wish to treat the Spam folder, the procedure of emptying is the same as already described. The only thing you should do is choose a folder you wish to treat.

On 3/7/2017 6:46 AM, Ketan Kothari wrote:
Hi friends,

I am using NVDA 2017.1 and wish to delete a substantial amount of
mails. How do I do this? I believe I will have to use standard view.
Please do guide. I would like to avoid sighted assistance if I could.

Thank you.

With best wishes,

Ketan


Bill Holton <bill32607@...>
 

After struggling with this for a while I found an easy solution. If you have any mobile device, install the Gmail app. It makes it very easy to delete an entire mailbox included deleted our archive messages

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2017, at 6:54 AM, Dejan Ristic <r.dejan83@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi friend,


Open your gmail account in your browser. After doing so, choose a button called "Basic HTML view." When you switch to it you will be able to go to the checkbox areas pertaining to each mail message in your inbox by using the X letter. The mails that you want to delete are to be checked by the space bar. When you have done the checking, use B to find the delete button. Press it, and your checked mails will be sent to the Trash folder. If you wish to empty it too, the procedure is the very same. I use Mozilla Firefox to handle my gmail account. You can also engage other browsers, though.


If you wish to find the HTML view in Chrome, you are obliged to switch to the focus mode, for only then will you be able to find the very button by using tab and/or shift tab. If you use Firefox, be in the browse mode, and go to the very top of the page to find the very button, either.


If you wish to treat the Spam folder, the procedure of emptying is the same as already described. The only thing you should do is choose a folder you wish to treat.


On 3/7/2017 6:46 AM, Ketan Kothari wrote:
Hi friends,

I am using NVDA 2017.1 and wish to delete a substantial amount of
mails. How do I do this? I believe I will have to use standard view.
Please do guide. I would like to avoid sighted assistance if I could.

Thank you.

With best wishes,

Ketan




 

Mass Selection and Deletion of Gmail Messages via the Gmail Web Interface

--
Brian

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004



 

thanks for this file man will read it.

On 8/03/2017 3:28 a.m., Brian Vogel wrote:
Mass Selection and Deletion of Gmail Messages via the Gmail Web Interface ( https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnOWXVWcmJFM2pwdjQ )

--
*Brian*

I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

~ *Ellen Evans * , soc.motss , 11/6/2004


 

Shaun,

          If you figure out how to go directly to the Delete button I mention in step 4, whether with NVDA or any other screen reader, please let me know.  I could not for the life of me get NVDA to find that button, and I suspect it's because of some design trick used for the web page or maybe it's one of those evil "links made to look just like a button" that's become trendy these days.

--
Brian

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004



Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Ha!
I assume Google still have their accessability mail list, has anyone told them about this issue?
I actually hate webmail myself butt then I'm an old fogie and the thing about old dogs and new tricks comes to mind!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT: I have my gmail full and want to delete some amount of mail Can anyone help?


Shaun,

If you figure out how to go directly to the Delete button I mention in step 4, whether with NVDA or any other screen reader, please let me know. I could not for the life of me get NVDA to find that button, and I suspect it's because of some design trick used for the web page or maybe it's one of those evil "links made to look just like a button" that's become trendy these days.

--
*Brian*

I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

~ *Ellen Evans * , soc.motss , 11/6/2004


Nimer Jaber
 

When using Gmail, a user can enable keyboard shortcuts that work quite well. There are hotkeys for performing such commands as delete for example.

Thanks.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:04 AM Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
Ha!
 I assume Google still have their accessability mail list, has anyone told
them about this issue?
 I actually hate webmail myself butt then I'm an old fogie and the thing
about old dogs and new tricks comes to mind!
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT: I have my gmail full and want to delete
some amount of mail Can anyone help?


Shaun,

If you figure out how to go directly to the Delete button I mention in step
4, whether with NVDA or any other screen reader, please let me know. I could
not for the life of me get NVDA to find that button, and I suspect it's
because of some design trick used for the web page or maybe it's one of
those evil "links made to look just like a button" that's become trendy
these days.

--
*Brian*

I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to
respect in any way.

~ *Ellen Evans * , soc.motss , 11/6/2004




--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (218-693-9271) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!


Øyvind Lode
 

Exactly!
To the rest of you please read the documentation.
I use the gmail standard view and it's brilliant with firefox and nvda.
By the way the delete shortcut is the # key.
Google have done a great job with gmail and I prefer the web interface
to a mail client like thunderbird or Outlook.
By reading the documentation "how to use gmail with a screen reader"
first you quickly get the hang of it.

On 8 March 2017 at 18:41, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
When using Gmail, a user can enable keyboard shortcuts that work quite well.
There are hotkeys for performing such commands as delete for example.

Thanks.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:04 AM Brian's Mail list account
<bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Ha!
I assume Google still have their accessability mail list, has anyone told
them about this issue?
I actually hate webmail myself butt then I'm an old fogie and the thing
about old dogs and new tricks comes to mind!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT: I have my gmail full and want to delete
some amount of mail Can anyone help?


Shaun,

If you figure out how to go directly to the Delete button I mention in
step
4, whether with NVDA or any other screen reader, please let me know. I
could
not for the life of me get NVDA to find that button, and I suspect it's
because of some design trick used for the web page or maybe it's one of
those evil "links made to look just like a button" that's become trendy
these days.

--
*Brian*

I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to
respect in any way.

~ *Ellen Evans * , soc.motss , 11/6/2004



--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at
(218-693-9271) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!


kavein thran
 

hi, you said *+a? how to press that, not sure, that means, shift+8 and A?

On 3/7/17, Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi:

Press * + a to select all messages in current label/folder.
Press shift+tab and you will land on a link to select all messages in
label since * + a only selects currently visible messages.
I'm currently in my nvda label and when I press * + a 50 messages is
selected since that what I've configured gmail to show on each page
and I press shift+tab and I land on a link named select all 5099
messages in nvda.
If I hit enter on that link I can simply delete all messages by
pressing the # key which is delete in gmail web app.
To use the shortcuts above you need to have keyboard shortcuts turned
on (found in gmail settings).
You can also use the same approach in the all mail view or after
filtering out messages by running a search.


On 7 March 2017 at 06:46, Ketan Kothari <muktaketan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends,

I am using NVDA 2017.1 and wish to delete a substantial amount of
mails. How do I do this? I believe I will have to use standard view.
Please do guide. I would like to avoid sighted assistance if I could.

Thank you.

With best wishes,

Ketan

--
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktaketan@hotmail.com
Skype ID: Ketan3333





Øyvind Lode
 

Hi:

That depends on your keyboard layout.
I use a Norwegian layout and I don't know how to get a * on other layouts.
To get a * I press shift + ' (tick) (the third key to the right of the
letter l) followed by the letter a.
So, if you need to press shift+8 to get a * you first press shift+8,
then release and quickly followed by the lettar a (lower case a).
Make sure nvda is in focus mode when performing these gmail short cuts
and also that you've turned on keyboard shortcuts in gmail settings.

On 9 March 2017 at 12:28, kavein thran <kaveinthran@gmail.com> wrote:
hi, you said *+a? how to press that, not sure, that means, shift+8 and A?
On 3/7/17, Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi:

Press * + a to select all messages in current label/folder.
Press shift+tab and you will land on a link to select all messages in
label since * + a only selects currently visible messages.
I'm currently in my nvda label and when I press * + a 50 messages is
selected since that what I've configured gmail to show on each page
and I press shift+tab and I land on a link named select all 5099
messages in nvda.
If I hit enter on that link I can simply delete all messages by
pressing the # key which is delete in gmail web app.
To use the shortcuts above you need to have keyboard shortcuts turned
on (found in gmail settings).
You can also use the same approach in the all mail view or after
filtering out messages by running a search.


On 7 March 2017 at 06:46, Ketan Kothari <muktaketan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends,

I am using NVDA 2017.1 and wish to delete a substantial amount of
mails. How do I do this? I believe I will have to use standard view.
Please do guide. I would like to avoid sighted assistance if I could.

Thank you.

With best wishes,

Ketan

--
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktaketan@hotmail.com
Skype ID: Ketan3333