From: Mallard
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 4:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using Freedom Scientific Braille Display in Windows 10

Hello,

I'm usinga PacMate 40 display from Freedom Scientific, and had no
problems upgrading to Windows 10.

I have the driver in my Dropbox, should anyone need it.

Ask, and I'll shaer the link.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 04:26, Gene ha scritto:
> From what I've heard about Windows 10, it is more picky about drivers
> than earlier versions of Windows.  I'm not a tech and I may be wrong,
> but I doubt there is a basis to say that Windows 8 or 8.1 drivers
> should work in theory.
> Gene

Mallard <mallard@...>

lol, Chris! Hope you managed to install and use it by now...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 22:08, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! And again, yes! Please please provide the driver! That would be a dream come true!
clgilland07@gmail.com <mailto:clgilland07@gmail.com>
Thanks a million!
Chris.
---
Christopher Gilland
http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575

I'm usinga PacMate 40 display from Freedom Scientific, and had no
problems upgrading to Windows 10.

I have the driver in my Dropbox, should anyone need it.

Ask, and I'll shaer the link.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 04:26, Gene ha scritto:
> From what I've heard about Windows 10, it is more picky about
drivers
> than earlier versions of Windows. I'm not a tech and I may be
wrong,
> but I doubt there is a basis to say that Windows 8 or 8.1 drivers
> should work in theory.
> Gene

I did. It works beautifully! Thank you for your help!
---
Christopher Gilland

lol, Chris! Hope you managed to install and use it by now...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 22:08, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
> Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! And again, yes! Please please provide
> the driver! That would be a dream come true!
> clgilland07@... <mailto:clgilland07@...>
> Thanks a million!
> Chris.
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

Mallard <mallard@...>

Great! Glad I could help!

Hope Pauline can solve her issues too.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 23:49, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
I did. It works beautifully! Thank you for your help!
---
Christopher Gilland
http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575

lol, Chris! Hope you managed to install and use it by now...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 22:08, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
> Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! And again, yes! Please please
provide
> the driver! That would be a dream come true!
> clgilland07@gmail.com <mailto:clgilland07@gmail.com>
<mailto:clgilland07@gmail.com>
> Thanks a million!
> Chris.
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

Pauline Smith <paulinesmithh@...>

Good Evening,

I did find Freedom Scientific Braille displays in the the list. I have the setting for that as they were before (port set to automatic, cursor showing, and so forth). Display does not activate.

Pauline

On 3/9/2017 5:38 AM, Mallard wrote:
Great! Glad I could help!

Hope Pauline can solve her issues too.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 23:49, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
I did. It works beautifully! Thank you for your help!
---
Christopher Gilland
http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575

lol, Chris! Hope you managed to install and use it by now...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 22:08, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
> Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! And again, yes! Please please
provide
> the driver! That would be a dream come true!
> clgilland07@gmail.com <mailto:clgilland07@gmail.com>
<mailto:clgilland07@gmail.com>
> Thanks a million!
> Chris.
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

Good Evening All,

There's good news. I finally got the Pac Mate display working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Works like a charm.

Thank you everyone, for your help.

Pauline

On 3/9/2017 9:45 PM, Pauline Smith wrote:
Good Evening,

I did find Freedom Scientific Braille displays in the the list. I have the setting for that as they were before (port set to automatic, cursor showing, and so forth). Display does not activate.

Pauline

On 3/9/2017 5:38 AM, Mallard wrote:
Great! Glad I could help!

Hope Pauline can solve her issues too.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 23:49, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
I did. It works beautifully! Thank you for your help!
---
Christopher Gilland
http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575

lol, Chris! Hope you managed to install and use it by now...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 22:08, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
> Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! And again, yes! Please please
provide
> the driver! That would be a dream come true!
> clgilland07@gmail.com <mailto:clgilland07@gmail.com>
<mailto:clgilland07@gmail.com>
> Thanks a million!
> Chris.
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

Mallard <mallard@...>

Hello Pauline,