accessible program that will allow you to restore your sound profile

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Jacob Kruger

Dennis, while this doesn't really implement a hotkey to do it, it can automatically restore your sound levels, etc. - the stascom utility suite from the following page:

https://www.stascom.co.za/stascom.html#content

Also offers some other utility functions - check out the documentation.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

I am not seeing how you would tell it to restore the volume level?  Will it let you have one if a headset is plugged in and one for your speakers?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 12:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible program that will allow you to restore your sound profile

Dennis, while this doesn't really implement a hotkey to do it, it can automatically restore your sound levels, etc. - the stascom utility suite from the following page:

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Jacob Kruger

Don't think so - it just offers overall master volume recovery, so that if something else lowers your volume below a certain level, it will restore master volume to a pre-defined level.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
On 2017-03-10 21:31, Dennis L wrote:

I am not seeing how you would tell it to restore the volume level?  Will it let you have one if a headset is plugged in and one for your speakers?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible program that will allow you to restore your sound profile

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

There was a program that worked on xp that allowed you to restore your volume levels.  I can’t remember what it was.

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 2:44 PM

Don't think so - it just offers overall master volume recovery, so that if something else lowers your volume below a certain level, it will restore master volume to a pre-defined level.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Gene

The program doesn't work in Windows 7 and higher.  I don't know if it works in Vista.  The entire design of the Windows volume control changed either in Vista or in Windows 7.  

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 2:00 PM

There was a program that worked on xp that allowed you to restore your volume levels.  I can’t remember what it was.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Roger Stewart

This is called Quick Mix.  However, it stopped working when I went to Win 7 so I don't use it now.  It was great, very accessible and easy to use.  Wish the developers would make a new version of it.

Roger

On 3/10/2017 2:00 PM, Dennis L wrote:

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Have you contacted them?  Have you tried it with windows7?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 4:40 PM

This is called Quick Mix.  However, it stopped working when I went to Win 7 so I don't use it now.  It was great, very accessible and easy to use.  Wish the developers would make a new version of it.

Roger

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Gene

The program hasn't been updated since XP days or even before.  There is no reason to believe it will be worked on in future. 

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 9:16 PM

Have you contacted them?  Have you tried it with windows7?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Stewart

Roger

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hear is a program that says it will run in windows 7. 

http://www.soundcardpacket.org/3volset.aspx

Let me know if it’s accessible and if it works for you.  if you have the email for quick mix I will email them.  I would also try the program if you have it.

Roger

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Gene

There is no point trying the program.  The format of the Windows volume control changed in Windows 7 or in Vista and the program doesn't work.  It has been known not to work for years and I've seen that information in more than one previous discussion. 

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 9:26 PM

Let me know if it’s accessible and if it works for you.  if you have the email for quick mix I will email them.  I would also try the program if you have it.

Roger

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

I think the link I provided is a different program.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 10:51 PM

There is no point trying the program.  The format of the Windows volume control changed in Windows 7 or in Vista and the program doesn't work.  It has been known not to work for years and I've seen that information in more than one previous discussion. 

Gene

Roger

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Gene

yes it is to a different program.  I thought you were saying you wanted to try the other one.  I don't remember its name. 

gene

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 9:57 PM

Gene

Roger

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Brian's Mail list account

I have been wanting one for some time. However so far its not forthcoming.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 9:54 AM
Subject: [nvda] accessible program that will allow you to restore your sound profile

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and
restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Catch 22 normally is that you cannot use such suites wwithout sound which you do not have if its screwed up. Solution is a cheap and chearful pair of usb headphones.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 5:30 PM

Dennis, while this doesn't really implement a hotkey to do it, it can
automatically restore your sound levels, etc. - the stascom utility
suite from the following page:

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key
command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for
windows 7?

It did it by storing the registry entries as a kind of text file, then loading this back. Unfortunately having tried Quickmix on 7 I can tell you it seems to do nothing. Indeed even manually changing registry entries needs a computer reboot to do anything at all.
I suspect the whole sound system of Windows is now different as you have a utility in 7 and 10 that enables running softwares volumes to be adjusted separately.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 8:00 PM

There was a program that worked on xp that allowed you to restore your
volume levels. I can't remember what it was.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob
Kruger
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible program that will allow you to restore your
sound profile

Don't think so - it just offers overall master volume recovery, so that if
something else lowers your volume below a certain level, it will restore
master volume to a pre-defined level.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

I am not seeing how you would tell it to restore the volume level? Will it
let you have one if a headset is plugged in and one for your speakers?

Kruger
sound profile

automatically restore your sound levels, etc. - the stascom utility suite
from the following page:

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

In my last reply to this thread, I suggested that this might not be possible due to the way the 7 and up sound is designed.
You can in fact route different programs sounds through different cards etc now.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 9:39 PM

This is called Quick Mix. However, it stopped working when I went to
Win 7 so I don't use it now. It was great, very accessible and easy to
use. Wish the developers would make a new version of it.

Roger

volume levels. I can’t remember what it was.

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*Jacob Kruger
*Sent:* Friday, March 10, 2017 2:44 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] accessible program that will allow you to
restore your sound profile

Don't think so - it just offers overall master volume recovery, so
that if something else lowers your volume below a certain level, it
will restore master volume to a pre-defined level.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

I am not seeing how you would tell it to restore the volume level?
Will it let you have one if a headset is plugged in and one for
your speakers?

[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Jacob Kruger
*Sent:* Friday, March 10, 2017 12:30 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] accessible program that will allow you to
restore your sound profile

Dennis, while this doesn't really implement a hotkey to do it, it
can automatically restore your sound levels, etc. - the stascom
utility suite from the following page:

Also offers some other utility functions - check out the
documentation.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger

Blind Biker

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a
key command and restore your sound profile is there such a
program for windows 7?

I did some years back and they said it was not possible in the new sound schemes. However that may well have been that they lost interest, who knows?

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2017 3:16 AM

Have you contacted them? Have you tried it with windows7?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger
Stewart
sound profile

This is called Quick Mix. However, it stopped working when I went to Win 7
so I don't use it now. It was great, very accessible and easy to use. Wish
the developers would make a new version of it.

Roger

Kruger
sound profile

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Kruger
sound profile

from the following page:

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

This looks like a completely different feature to me, and it also mentions it was written for xp and actully does credit quickmix in the instructions, so my feeling is that its not going to do very much for you. Looks like some aid to streaming and recording streams etc, rather than a straight sound settings back up.
The last update was 2013, but since the instructions say xpk, it is all very vague what its for and whether it will help us.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2017 3:57 AM

sound profile

There is no point trying the program. The format of the Windows volume
control changed in Windows 7 or in Vista and the program doesn't work. It
has been known not to work for years and I've seen that information in more
than one previous discussion.

Gene

sound profile

Let me know if it's accessible and if it works for you. if you have the
email for quick mix I will email them. I would also try the program if you
have it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger
Stewart
sound profile

This is called Quick Mix. However, it stopped working when I went to Win 7
so I don't use it now. It was great, very accessible and easy to use. Wish

Roger

Kruger
sound profile

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Kruger
sound profile

from the following page:

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Jacques <lists4js@...>

I might have overlooked something in this thread, but please clarify which
features exactly are required from the type of program under discussion.

Jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's
Mail list account
Sent: Saturday, 11 March 2017 14:17
sound profile

This looks like a completely different feature to me, and it also mentions
it was written for xp and actully does credit quickmix in the instructions,
so my feeling is that its not going to do very much for you. Looks like some
aid to streaming and recording streams etc, rather than a straight sound
settings back up.
The last update was 2013, but since the instructions say xpk, it is all
very vague what its for and whether it will help us.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2017 3:57 AM
sound profile

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible program that will allow you to restore
your sound profile

There is no point trying the program. The format of the Windows
volume control changed in Windows 7 or in Vista and the program
doesn't work. It has been known not to work for years and I've seen
that information in more than one previous discussion.

Gene

your sound profile

Let me know if it's accessible and if it works for you. if you have
the email for quick mix I will email them. I would also try the
program if you have it.

Roger Stewart
your sound profile

This is called Quick Mix. However, it stopped working when I went to
Win
so I don't use it now. It was great, very accessible and easy to use.
Wish

Roger

Jacob Kruger
your sound profile

Don't think so - it just offers overall master volume recovery, so
that if something else lowers your volume below a certain level, it
will restore master volume to a pre-defined level.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

I am not seeing how you would tell it to restore the volume level?
Will it let you have one if a headset is plugged in and one for your
speakers?

Jacob Kruger
your sound profile

automatically restore your sound levels, etc. - the stascom utility
suite from the following page:

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key
command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for
windows 7?