accessible program that will allow you to restore your sound profile

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Jacob Kruger

Dennis, while this doesn't really implement a hotkey to do it, it can automatically restore your sound levels, etc. - the stascom utility suite from the following page:

https://www.stascom.co.za/stascom.html#content

Also offers some other utility functions - check out the documentation.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I am not seeing how you would tell it to restore the volume level?  Will it let you have one if a headset is plugged in and one for your speakers?

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Jacob Kruger

Don't think so - it just offers overall master volume recovery, so that if something else lowers your volume below a certain level, it will restore master volume to a pre-defined level.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

There was a program that worked on xp that allowed you to restore your volume levels.  I can’t remember what it was.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Gene

The program doesn't work in Windows 7 and higher.  I don't know if it works in Vista.  The entire design of the Windows volume control changed either in Vista or in Windows 7.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Roger Stewart

This is called Quick Mix.  However, it stopped working when I went to Win 7 so I don't use it now.  It was great, very accessible and easy to use.  Wish the developers would make a new version of it.

Roger

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Have you contacted them?  Have you tried it with windows7?

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Gene

The program hasn't been updated since XP days or even before.  There is no reason to believe it will be worked on in future.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Hear is a program that says it will run in windows 7.

http://www.soundcardpacket.org/3volset.aspx

Let me know if it’s accessible and if it works for you.  if you have the email for quick mix I will email them.  I would also try the program if you have it.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Gene

There is no point trying the program.  The format of the Windows volume control changed in Windows 7 or in Vista and the program doesn't work.  It has been known not to work for years and I've seen that information in more than one previous discussion.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I think the link I provided is a different program.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Gene

yes it is to a different program.  I thought you were saying you wanted to try the other one.  I don't remember its name.

gene

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Brian's Mail list account

I have been wanting one for some time. However so far its not forthcoming.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and
restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Brian's Mail list account

Catch 22 normally is that you cannot use such suites wwithout sound which you do not have if its screwed up. Solution is a cheap and chearful pair of usb headphones.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key
command and restore your sound profile is there such a program for
windows 7?

Brian's Mail list account

It did it by storing the registry entries as a kind of text file, then loading this back. Unfortunately having tried Quickmix on 7 I can tell you it seems to do nothing. Indeed even manually changing registry entries needs a computer reboot to do anything at all.
I suspect the whole sound system of Windows is now different as you have a utility in 7 and 10 that enables running softwares volumes to be adjusted separately.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and
restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Brian's Mail list account

In my last reply to this thread, I suggested that this might not be possible due to the way the 7 and up sound is designed.
You can in fact route different programs sounds through different cards etc now.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a
key command and restore your sound profile is there such a
program for windows 7?

Brian's Mail list account

I did some years back and they said it was not possible in the new sound schemes. However that may well have been that they lost interest, who knows?

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and
restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Brian's Mail list account

This looks like a completely different feature to me, and it also mentions it was written for xp and actully does credit quickmix in the instructions, so my feeling is that its not going to do very much for you. Looks like some aid to streaming and recording streams etc, rather than a straight sound settings back up.
The last update was 2013, but since the instructions say xpk, it is all very vague what its for and whether it will help us.

On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key command and
restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?

Jacques <lists4js@...>

I might have overlooked something in this thread, but please clarify which
features exactly are required from the type of program under discussion.

Jacques