From: "Lanie Molinar" <laniemolinar91@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:40 AM
Subject: [nvda] Accessible Application Updater

Hi. Does anyone know of a good app updater for Windows? I’ve been using Filehippo App manager, but I was wondering if the if there was anything better.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Kevin Cussick

Ninite is good www.ninite.com hope this helps.

On 11/03/2017 05:40, Lanie Molinar wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know of a good app updater for Windows? I’ve been using
Filehippo App manager, but I was wondering if the if there was anything
better.

Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Like most of these though, it can only update apps that exist on the site.
In the real world many programs do have their own check for updates function now. The snag can be that the web site they route to is not accessible.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

On 11/03/2017 05:40, Lanie Molinar wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know of a good app updater for Windows? I’ve been using
Filehippo App manager, but I was wondering if the if there was anything
better.

Windows 10

Kevin Cussick

fare point, but then again the file hippo program is just the same I think?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io"
<the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>
On 11/03/2017 05:40, Lanie Molinar wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know of a good app updater for Windows? I’ve been using
Filehippo App manager, but I was wondering if the if there was anything
better.

Windows 10

Where does one get the file hippo manager you speak of?
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 5:26 PM

fare point,   but then again the file hippo program is just the same I
think?

On 12/03/2017 10:25, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
> Like most of these though, it can only update apps that exist on the site.
> In the real world many programs do have their own check for updates
> function now. The snag can be that the web site they route to is not
> accessible.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io"
> <the.big.white.shepherd@...>

Kevin Cussick

I think filehippo.com

On 12/03/2017 22:22, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
Where does one get the file hippo manager you speak of?
---
Christopher Gilland

http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575

fare point, but then again the file hippo program is just the same I
think?

On 12/03/2017 10:25, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
> Like most of these though, it can only update apps that exist on
the site.
> In the real world many programs do have their own check for updates
> function now. The snag can be that the web site they route to is not
> accessible.
> Brian
>
> bglists@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io"
> <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io
>> On 11/03/2017 05:40, Lanie Molinar wrote:
>>> Hi. Does anyone know of a good app updater for Windows? I’ve
been using
>>> Filehippo App manager, but I was wondering if the if there was
anything
>>> better.
>>>

>>> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
>>> Windows 10

Well, I know that, but I found that site quite confusing, not sure why, but, I did.

Have you got a more direct link to the download page?
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 6:52 PM

Dean Masters <dwmasters15@...>

Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 6:52 PM

I think filehippo.com

On 12/03/2017 22:22, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
> Where does one get the file hippo manager you speak of?
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
>
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

Thank you. I really appreciate it.
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 8:15 PM

Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 6:52 PM

I think filehippo.com

On 12/03/2017 22:22, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
> Where does one get the file hippo manager you speak of?
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
>
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

I think the ninite one allows you to bundle several programs together and install in one go, but yes, in the end you are tied to whatever software a site has.

I see that the new revo although updated is still completely inaccessible to us.
Its such a shame when a user interface is changed for the worse.
B Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

On 11/03/2017 05:40, Lanie Molinar wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know of a good app updater for Windows? I’ve been using
Filehippo App manager, but I was wondering if the if there was anything
better.

Windows 10

john s

I tried Revo and wasn't impressed. I thought the uninstaller in the Puran Utilities was much better. That installer took out things that Revo left behind.

At 04:47 AM 3/13/2017, you wrote:
I think the ninite one allows you to bundle several programs together and install in one go, but yes, in the end you are tied to whatever software a site has.

I see that the new revo although updated is still completely inaccessible to us.
Its such a shame when a user interface is changed for the worse.
B Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io" <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>

On 11/03/2017 05:40, Lanie Molinar wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know of a good app updater for Windows? I’ve been using
Filehippo App manager, but I was wondering if the if there was anything
better.

Windows 10

John

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi where do you get this Puran Utilities software that you
talked about?

And is it speech friendly using NVDA and what do you need to know when
you get this software and install it?

Also is this software free?

At 04:47 AM 3/13/2017, you wrote:
[...]

I agree, as Revo was so dang good! Now, I don't have a good sollution for uninstalling things entirely automatically. Oh sure, I can always go to programs and features and remove it, but that doesn't mean necessarily that all files are deleted, and all registry entries go away. What I like about Revo is the fact it did all that guesswork for me, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Yeah, sometimes it would screw up, let's just be fair. It *is* technology after all, but I'd say 90-95% of the time, it did a pretty good job.
---
Christopher Gilland

> fare point,   but then again the file hippo program is just the same I
> think?
>
> On 12/03/2017 10:25, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
>> Like most of these though, it can only update apps that exist on the
>> site.
>> In the real world many programs do have their own check for updates
>> function now. The snag can be that the web site they route to is not
>> accessible.
>> Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io"
>> <the.big.white.shepherd@...>

Tell me more about this so called Puran Utilities.

What is it. Is it well priced, how good is the accessibility that it provides, in your opinion, etc?
---
Christopher Gilland

At 04:47 AM 3/13/2017, you wrote:
>I think the ninite one allows you to bundle
>several programs together and install in one go,
>but yes, in the end you are tied to  whatever software a site has.
>

>I see that the new revo although updated is
>still completely inaccessible to us.
>Its such a shame when a user interface is changed for the worse.
>B Brian
>
>bglists@...
>Sent via blueyonder.
>Please address personal email to:-
>briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>in the display name field.
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin
>Cussick via Groups.Io" <the.big.white.shepherd@...>

                 John

Kevin Cussick

No sorry.

On 12/03/2017 22:53, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
Well, I know that, but I found that site quite confusing, not sure why,
but, I did.

Have you got a more direct link to the download page?
---
Christopher Gilland

http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575

On 12/03/2017 22:22, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
> Where does one get the file hippo manager you speak of?
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
>
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

Kevin Cussick

Hi, I have used this for about a year. it is good but I have had it miss a program that ccleaner found but over all it is good works with both 32bit programs and 64bit as well.

At 04:47 AM 3/13/2017, you wrote:
>I think the ninite one allows you to bundle
>several programs together and install in one go,
>but yes, in the end you are tied to whatever software a site has.
>

>I see that the new revo although updated is
>still completely inaccessible to us.
>Its such a shame when a user interface is changed for the worse.
>B Brian
>
>bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
>Sent via blueyonder.
>Please address personal email to:-
>briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
>in the display name field.
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin
>Cussick via Groups.Io"
<the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io
>>fare point, but then again the file hippo program is just the
same I think?

>>On 12/03/2017 10:25, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
>>>Like most of these though, it can only update apps that exist on
the site.
>>>In the real world many programs do have their own check for updates
>>>function now. The snag can be that the web site they route to is not
>>>accessible.
>>>Brian
>>>
>>>bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
>>>Sent via blueyonder.
>>>Please address personal email to:-
>>>briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
>>>in the display name field.
>>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io"
>>><the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io

John

Where do I download it?
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 6:00 PM

Hi,   I have used this for about a year.   it is good but I have had it
miss a program that ccleaner found but over all it is good works with
both 32bit programs and 64bit as well.

On 13/03/2017 17:16, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
> Tell me more about this so called Puran Utilities.
>
> What is it. Is it well priced, how good is the accessibility that it
> provides, in your opinion, etc?
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
>
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

Kevin Cussick

google it sorry don't have time to give the download link.

On 13/03/2017 22:14, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
Where do I download it?
---
Christopher Gilland

http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575

Hi, I have used this for about a year. it is good but I have had it
miss a program that ccleaner found but over all it is good works with
both 32bit programs and 64bit as well.

On 13/03/2017 17:16, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
> Tell me more about this so called Puran Utilities.
>
> What is it. Is it well priced, how good is the accessibility that it
> provides, in your opinion, etc?
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
>
> http://www.gshministry.org
> (980) 500-9575

Ouch! That was a little bit rude, don't ya think? Alas, I'm sorry to burden your time.

I'll do just that. NO worries. You definitely do have a valid point/suggestion, but you ultimately, at the end of the day could a been a little more polite in your correspondance, frankly.
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 6:31 PM