Topics

NV Access's In-Process blog - featuring Mick driving a speedboat near an aircraft carrier!

Quentin Christensen

The NV Access team are fresh from CSUN 2017.  It has news and updates on current projects.  It has a link to the post published at CSUN (that I may or may not have forgotten to actually promote anywhere).  More importantly, this week's In-Process has Mick driving a speedboat near an aircraft carrier!

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Lino Morales

Hey Quentin. Does NV Access In Process blog have an RSS feed? If so where is it? I didn't see one on the page. If their isn't one that would be cool to include said feed.

The NV Access team are fresh from CSUN 2017.  It has news and updates on current projects.  It has a link to the post published at CSUN (that I may or may not have forgotten to actually promote anywhere).  More importantly, this week's In-Process has Mick driving a speedboat near an aircraft carrier!

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Quentin.

out of curiosity where about is the archive keeped if any if some one wanted to look over the older in process issues?

Gene nz

The NV Access team are fresh from CSUN 2017.  It has news and updates on current projects.  It has a link to the post published at CSUN (that I may or may not have forgotten to actually promote anywhere).  More importantly, this week's In-Process has Mick driving a speedboat near an aircraft carrier!

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

The archive is here: http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

We are very slowly planning an updated website, so there are some things we'd like to do, which may not make it into the current site, but which will hopefully be available once the new site is launched.  I know a more easily findable In-Process is on my wish list :)

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that i just read the issue that i missed out on saying about the nvda certification etc. I did see reference to it on the list and will probably sit it if it is up and running which it looks like it is.

I hope there is no lap top commands i only know desk top or is it more multi choice?

Gene nz

[...]

www.nvaccess.org  Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess  Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Hi Gene,

The certification is available from: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

Good question re the commands.  It is definitely worth understanding both sets of commands, particularly if you are teaching or providing support to other users who might be using one or the other keyboard layout.  There might be a couple of questions which list only the desktop or laptop command, but the majority of the questions do include both, for instance, "What does NVDA+up arrow (laptop: NVDA+l) do?"

Regards

Quentin.