Unable to read certain kindle content with latest NVDA and Kindle for PC

James AUSTIN

Hi folks,

As the subject line says, I am unable to read certain Kindle content with the latest NVDA and Kindle for PC. Text-to-Speech is enabled for the books in question, so I am wondering if has something to do with the automatic reading of content by Kindle's in-built text-to-speech.

Has anyone else encountered this please and if so, have they any suggestions. When reading other content, NVDA reads as expected.

I am using latest stable NVDA and Kindle for PC v. 1.20.1

Thank you

Take care

James

Kwork

Yes. You have to look on the page of the book for something called Enhanced
Typesetting. If it is enabled, you should be able to read the book. Not all
books have this feature. If Enhanced Typesetting is not enabled, you won't
be able to read the book with NVDA and Kindle for PC.
Travis

As the subject line says, I am unable to read certain Kindle content
with the latest NVDA and Kindle for PC. Text-to-Speech is enabled for
the books in question, so I am wondering if has something to do with the
automatic reading of content by Kindle's in-built text-to-speech.

Has anyone else encountered this please and if so, have they any
suggestions. When reading other content, NVDA reads as expected.

I am using latest stable NVDA and Kindle for PC v. 1.20.1

Thank you

Take care

James

Sukil Etxenike <sukiletxe@...>

Hi,

I am finding the same situation. The books I'm trying to read (at least some of them) are compatible with screen readers, but they aren't read. Here you have a free book to test this. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it (change the .es part if you aren't from Spain).

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01FLMWTAA/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title

Thanks,

Sukil

El 02/04/2017 a las 5:04, Kwork escribió:
[...]

Hello

Thanks for the tip Travis. Interestingly all of the books I purchase have Enhanced Typesetting enabled.

Take care

James

On 02/04/2017 09:33, Sukil Etxenike via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Ok, weird, then there is something else going on. Being a fairly new
implementation, it's possibly a bug.

As the subject line says, I am unable to read certain Kindle content
with the latest NVDA and Kindle for PC. Text-to-Speech is enabled for
the books in question, so I am wondering if has something to do with the
automatic reading of content by Kindle's in-built text-to-speech.

Has anyone else encountered this please and if so, have they any
suggestions. When reading other content, NVDA reads as expected.

I am using latest stable NVDA and Kindle for PC v. 1.20.1

Thank you

Take care

James

Felix G.

Hi!
For me, completely re-installing the Kindle app solved the problem of NVDA not seeing any content in the document page view.
Kind regards,
Felix