about nvda and triggers

hello every one.
i remember that two years ago if i am correct, i asked this question
and recieved a great answer step by step.
but i dont remember the answer and the date which i asked it here.
i wish that when i use say all in firefox or any browser, nvda does
not announce link, heading table list and anything else.
i wish that only hear the document rather than link heading and all elements.
you told me i should use trigger for this purpose.
how should i activate and use triggers for my goal?
i waite for your help, God bless you and i pray for you sincerely.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I think the easiest way is to set up a profile with the reporting of
those things turned off. Where they need to be turned off is under the
document formatting section. But do not go there first it will need to
be done in the profile.

To set up a profile where you can do this and automatically have it done
you need to do the following.

Go into your browser whether it be mozilla fire fox etc. make sure it is
in focus.

Next Press the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter P

When the profile manager opens next tab to new it is a button press the
space bar on it. give it a name like mozilla fire fox with out
formatting then tab it will say some thing manual activation i could
have to check. Do not touch this one but arrow down to current
application it will say mozilla fire fox. Then tab down to the ok button
then press the enter key.

Next bring up document formatting with the ctrl key + nvda key + the
letter D.

Tab down to where it says reporting of headings list etc and uncheck
those boxes then tab to the ok button then press the enter key.

You might have to go back into your pro file or hopefully it is still in
focus locate the profile you set up then tab to the close button then
press the enter key.

If set correctly you should not hear link, heading list etc.

When you do it make sure you are in mozilla fire fox then bring up the
profile do your changes in document formatting then after done when back
in the pro file tab to close just as mentioned.

I am pretty sure you will get the idea and other profiles can be set up
for other applications.

I find doing for a current application is far easier for a lot of people.

Gene nz

I am pretty sure i gave the right directions.

On 7/04/2017 7:06 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hello every one.
i remember that two years ago if i am correct, i asked this question
and recieved a great answer step by step.
but i dont remember the answer and the date which i asked it here.
i wish that when i use say all in firefox or any browser, nvda does
not announce link, heading table list and anything else.
i wish that only hear the document rather than link heading and all elements.
you told me i should use trigger for this purpose.
how should i activate and use triggers for my goal?
i waite for your help, God bless you and i pray for you sincerely.

hi gene.
thanks so much for your help..
i did it, but now, even i dont hear links headings etc when i use the
arrow keys.
i wish that hear the elements but only when i use shortcut keys like k
and h and also when i navigate by arrow keys.
i only want to dont hear it in say all.
what should i do?

On 4/7/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:
[...]

I'd have to look at the create profile dialog again to see just how it is set up.  Be sure it is set to manual and then, probably if you tab once more, you will be in something, I thing a combo box, where you set a trigger.  You want it to only be triggered when you use read to end.  Find that item, whatever it is exactly called.  Then do the rest of the setup for the profile.

Sent: Friday, April 07, 2017 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] about nvda and triggers

On 4/7/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
> Hi
>

> I think the easiest way is to set up a profile with the reporting of
> those things turned off. Where they need to be turned off is under the
> document formatting section. But do not go there first it will need to
> be done in the profile.
>

> To set up a profile where you can do this and automatically have it done
> you need to do the following.
>

> Go into your browser whether it be mozilla fire fox etc. make sure it is
> in focus.
>

> Next Press the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter P
>

> When the profile manager opens next tab to new it is a button press the
> space bar on it. give it a name like mozilla fire fox with out
> formatting then tab it will say some thing manual activation i could
> have to check. Do not touch this one but arrow down to current
> application it will say mozilla fire fox. Then tab down to the ok button
> then press the enter key.
>

> Next bring up document formatting with the ctrl key + nvda key + the
> letter D.
>

> Tab down to where it says reporting of headings list etc and uncheck
> those boxes then tab to the ok button then press the enter key.
>

> You might have to go back into your pro file or hopefully it is still in
> focus locate the profile you set up then tab to the close button then
> press the enter key.
>

> If set correctly you should not hear link, heading list etc.
>

> When you do it make sure you are in mozilla fire fox then bring up the
> profile do your changes in document formatting then after done when back
> in the pro file tab to close just as mentioned.
>
> I am pretty sure you will get the idea and other profiles can be set up
> for other applications.
>

> I find doing for a current application is far easier for a lot of people.
>

> Gene nz
>

> I am pretty sure i gave the right directions.
>

> On 7/04/2017 7:06 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
>> hello every one.
>> i remember that two years ago if i am correct, i asked this question
>> and recieved a great answer step by step.
>> but i dont remember the answer and the date which i asked it here.
>> i wish that when i use say all in firefox or any browser, nvda does
>> not announce link, heading table list and anything else.
>> i wish that only hear the document rather than link heading and all
>> elements.
>> you told me i should use trigger for this purpose.
>> how should i activate and use triggers for my goal?
>> i waite for your help, God bless you and i pray for you sincerely.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Is not say all a special class of profile now?

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Quentin Christensen

Say all does have its own profile now, so yes, you could edit just it, to not announce any of the elements.  To do that, open the configuration dialog and manually load the "Say all" profile, edit it as desired and save it before returning to your normal profile.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
Is not say all a special class of profile now?

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

hi quentin.
thanks so much for your reply.
but unfortunately this way does not work for me in the way that i expected!
now, nvda even does not say headings links etc by navigating with arrow keys.
when i cant hear link when i use arrow keys how can i realize that its
a link and i should press enter to open the link!?
i only want nvda does not announce elements in web browsers in say
all! not always and using arrow keys!
i remember that i recieved the helpful reply previously in the list
but i dont remember that.
thanks extremely again and God bless you.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>

[...]

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

I don't know the exact procedure you are following.  It doesn't matter what application you are in and you don't have to be in any to do this.  Open the profile dialog.
Create a new profile.  After giving it a name, tab to the next field and down arrow to say all.  The profile will only be triggered when you use say all and it will be triggered when you use say all in any program.

I'd have to create a profile to tell you the exact next steps.  You will be prompted to manually activate the profile to edit it.  Do so, I believe there is an ok or a yes button, I don't recall just what.  Then set whatever parameters you want.  Once finished, open the profile dialog again and find the profile in the list.  Tab to the deactivate button and press it with the space bar.  Tab around and see if there is an ok button and activate it if there is.

I'm not sure if you have to do anything more.  I don't think so.
Gene

Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2017 6:30 AM

hi quentin.
thanks so much for your reply.
but unfortunately this way does not work for me in the way that i expected!
now, nvda even does not say headings links etc by navigating with arrow keys.
when i cant hear link when i use arrow keys how can i realize that its
a link and i should press enter to open the link!?
i only want nvda does not announce elements in web browsers in say
all! not always and using arrow keys!
i remember that i recieved the helpful reply previously in the list
but i dont remember that.
thanks extremely again and God bless you.

> Say all does have its own profile now, so yes, you could edit just it, to
> not announce any of the elements.  To do that, open the configuration
> dialog and manually load the "Say all" profile, edit it as desired and save
> it before returning to your normal profile.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Brian's Mail list account <
> bglists@...> wrote:
>
>> Is not say all a special class of profile now?
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>

I've been experimenting and I found one more thing you may have to do.  After you set parameters as you want, if save on exit isn't enabled, you have to save the configuration as you do in general when changing settings if save on exit isn't enabled.  Save on exit is the default so if you haven't changed it, it is enabled.

Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2017 6:30 AM

hi quentin.
thanks so much for your reply.
but unfortunately this way does not work for me in the way that i expected!
now, nvda even does not say headings links etc by navigating with arrow keys.
when i cant hear link when i use arrow keys how can i realize that its
a link and i should press enter to open the link!?
i only want nvda does not announce elements in web browsers in say
all! not always and using arrow keys!
i remember that i recieved the helpful reply previously in the list
but i dont remember that.
thanks extremely again and God bless you.

> Say all does have its own profile now, so yes, you could edit just it, to
> not announce any of the elements.  To do that, open the configuration
> dialog and manually load the "Say all" profile, edit it as desired and save
> it before returning to your normal profile.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Brian's Mail list account <
> bglists@...> wrote:
>
>> Is not say all a special class of profile now?
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>

thanks gene.
i should test it again.
saving changes in general settings is checked for me and i did not
deactivate it.

[...]

Also when you have changed the say all profile, make sure you change whichever profile you are using otherwise in your browser back to read HTML elements!