Thunderbird Settings

Andrea Sherry

Working with a friend on latest Thunderbird for deafblind users.

What we would know is if there is a way of exporting settings in a way that they could be transported to another computer.

Andrea

Brian Moore

if  you are happy to get the mail and everything, you can copy the profile folder and move it to another machine.

there is also an automated tool called moz backup which will do what you want.  it is freeware and a pretty small download.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 07/04/2017 7:14 AM, Andrea Sherry wrote:

Working with a friend on latest Thunderbird for deafblind users.

What we would know is if there is a way of exporting settings in a way that they could be transported to another computer.

Andrea

Ron Canazzi

Hi Andrea,

The easiest way to export setting from Thunderbird is to copy the entire data folder from one computer to another.  You locate this folder by opening the run dialogue and typing the following line which I will place on a separate line:

%appdata%

Then copy the Thunderbird folder and on the other computer, paste it into the same folder path by typing the above expression in the run dialogue and opening the data folder.

This will copy all mail and configurations, but will not copy the address book.  For that item, you must use the export feature from the address book itself and then use the import feature in the address book on the new computer using the exported file as the base for importation.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

http://duckduckgo.com/?q=thunderbird+export+account+settings&t=he&atb=v33-7__&ia=qa

Take your pick of the instructions.

     The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill

Kevin Cussick

Hi, there is an app called moz backup sorry don't have the download link but googling it will find it hope this helps.