From: "Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 10:34 PM
Subject: [nvda] donating

I am trying to make a donation to NVDA using the donate link in the NVDA menu. I can select my amount and hit the donate now button. On the next page when I try to enter my name and other info I get a error page that says the web page has expired. How do I get around this problem?
If it matters I am in the United States.

Don H

Going through it with no hesitations and it still times out.

Unless you take a number of minutes to fill it out, this does not happen to me I have tosay. if you leave it sitting there, and go and make a cup of tea it does, but not normally. Very strange.
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net>
I am trying to make a donation to NVDA using the donate link in the NVDA menu. I can select my amount and hit the donate now button. On the next page when I try to enter my name and other info I get a error page that says the web page has expired. How do I get around this problem?
If it matters I am in the United States.

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Hi Don, did you try donating directly from the website?

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 12, 2017 8:45:49 AM "Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:

Going through it with no hesitations and it still times out.

Unless you take a number of minutes to fill it out, this does not happen
to me I have tosay. if you leave it sitting there, and go and make a cup
of tea it does, but not normally. Very strange.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net>
I am trying to make a donation to NVDA using the donate link in the
NVDA menu. I can select my amount and hit the donate now button. On
the next page when I try to enter my name and other info I get a error
page that says the web page has expired. How do I get around this
problem?
If it matters I am in the United States.

Quentin Christensen

I haven't encountered this either.  Have you happened to pay for anything else with PayPal on any other site lately?

On April 12, 2017 8:45:49 AM "Don H" <lmddh50@...> wrote:

Going through it with no hesitations and it still times out.

Unless you take a number of minutes to fill it out, this does not happen
to me I have tosay. if you leave it sitting there, and go and make a cup
of tea it does, but not normally. Very strange.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Don H

I don't have a PayPal account.

<mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net>> wrote:
Going through it with no hesitations and it still times out.
Unless you take a number of minutes to fill it out, this
does not happen
to me I have tosay. if you leave it sitting there, and go
and make a cup
of tea it does, but not normally. Very strange.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H"
<lmddh50@comcast.net <mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net>>
I am trying to make a donation to NVDA using the donate
link in the
NVDA menu. I can select my amount and hit the donate
now button. On
the next page when I try to enter my name and other info
I get a error
page that says the web page has expired. How do I get
around this
problem?
If it matters I am in the United States.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

What part are you getting to before you get the message?

I don't have a PayPal account.

            bglists@... <mailto:bglists@....uk>
            Sent via blueyonder.
            Please address personal email to:-
            briang1@... <mailto:briang1@....uk>,
            putting 'Brian Gaff'
            in the display name field.
            ----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H"
            <lmddh50@... <mailto:lmddh50@...>>
[...]

Get as far as typing in my first name.

What part are you getting to before you get the message?
I don't have a PayPal account.
<mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net>
<mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net <mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net>>>
<mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk>>
<mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk>>,
[...]
<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
Twitter: @NVAccess
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Are you sure you are in the right mode, ie do you hear the clunk noise on the edit fiield? The main issues I've seen recently is that it stays in brows mode.
[...]

It might be worth contacting PayPal as that shouldn't be happening.  You are into the PayPal system by that point, so it's possibly something on their end or something between your computer and PayPal.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
Get as far as typing in my first name.

What part are you getting to before you get the message?

    I don't have a PayPal account.

        <mailto:erik@...m

        <mailto:lmddh50@...>
             <mailto:lmddh50@... <mailto:lmddh50@...>>>

        <mailto:bglists@....uk <mailto:bglists@....uk>>
                     Sent via blueyonder.
                     Please address personal email to:-
        briang1@... <mailto:briang1@....uk>
        <mailto:briang1@....uk <mailto:briang1@....uk>>,
                     putting 'Brian Gaff'
                     in the display name field.
                     ----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H"
                     <lmddh50@... <mailto:lmddh50@...>
[...]

I am not using PayPal.

<mailto:erik@erik-burggraaf.com> <mailto:erik@erik-burggraaf.com
wrote:
Going through it with no hesitations and it
still times
out.
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io
[...]

I could be wrong, but I think NVAccess uses paypal for all transactions. Paypal has an option that allows users without paypal accounts to enter card information for one time use and so I suspect that's what you're seeing.

Paypal's systems are designed all screwy. I find a lot of niggling stuff especially on my devices which are all mobile. Whenever I call them for help they never seem to care overmuch. You can try it, but if you have another device you can try it on, that may save you an awful amount of frustration. You could also set up a paypal account. Then donating would become a kind of direct banking process and you get all the benefits, yes and the tribulations too, of having a paypal account.

Sorry all this is happening to you, but thanks for persevering. If there is anything I can actually do to help, I will be happy to.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

I am not using PayPal.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io
[...]

Antony Stone

So, two questions:

1. how *are* you trying to pay?

2. which web page are you on which accepts that form of payment for donating
to NV Access?

Antony.

I am not using PayPal.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io