Using NVDA with Conexant smart Audio?

Hello,
I just got a new computer that uses Conexant smart Audio and the speech from NVDA is clipping off at the end of words. So rather than saying "start button: ctrl+aesc" it says "startbutton: ctrl+e".
This makes using NVDA really difficult. I have googled the problem and don't see any solution. I would really like to  use this computer!
Thanks,

Quentin Christensen

I haven't used one of these, but perhaps you could disable the extra conexant software?  Or configure the speakers to use a different driver.

Actually, that's the other thing to check - is the audio driver up to date?  If you just got the computer, it might have been setup with an old image and need to update the drivers - Windows doesn't always do this automatically.

As I said, I haven't used that audio before, so maybe someone with direct experience can offer something concrete.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene

I'm not sure why that is.  You could try using a different synthesizer and/or seeing if there is a manufacture's driver.  You are probably using a Microsoft driver now.  Or you could try a cheap external sound card, which wouldn't use the driver you are using now.  I wouldn't want to take a chance on upgrading a sound card driver unless I had some other way of getting sound in case the upgrade causes problems so the cheap external sound card might be the best option unless you have sighted help conveniently available when upgrading the driver.  You might want to gamble if you don't and if you have no other sound card and it may be likely that you won't have problems but I my self would rather not.

Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 8:15 PM
Subject: [nvda] Using NVDA with Conexant smart Audio?

Hello,
I just got a new computer that uses Conexant smart Audio and the speech from NVDA is clipping off at the end of words. So rather than saying "start button: ctrl+aesc" it says "startbutton: ctrl+e".
This makes using NVDA really difficult. I have googled the problem and don't see any solution. I would really like to  use this computer!
Thanks,

Jacob Kruger

Only issue have had with conexant built into my lenovo laptop was a recording enchancement effect, which was messing up recording level consistency under audacity, but, would suggest you go into sound card settings, select playback/output device, activate it's properties button, and, under playback, try disabling all the enhancement effects?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2017-04-11 03:15, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:

Hello,
I just got a new computer that uses Conexant smart Audio and the speech from NVDA is clipping off at the end of words. So rather than saying "start button: ctrl+aesc" it says "startbutton: ctrl+e".
This makes using NVDA really difficult. I have googled the problem and don't see any solution. I would really like to  use this computer!
Thanks,

enes sarıbaş

hi,

disable sound effects. Go to sound, choose the speakers, hit properties and ctrl tab to effects and choose disable all. If there are no effects, go to advanced and disable signal processing.

On 4/11/2017 4:15 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
I just got a new computer that uses Conexant smart Audio and the speech from NVDA is clipping off at the end of words. So rather than saying "start button: ctrl+aesc" it says "startbutton: ctrl+e".
This makes using NVDA really difficult. I have googled the problem and don't see any solution. I would really like to  use this computer!
Thanks,

Hello,
I got it to work. I tried disabling all the effects and it didn't work. What I did was downgrade from the current driver to the one before. I didn't uninstall it, just downgraded it. Now it works perfectly.
Thanks,

On 2017-04-11 03:15, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
I just got a new computer that uses Conexant smart Audio and the speech from NVDA is clipping off at the end of words. So rather than saying "start button: ctrl+aesc" it says "startbutton: ctrl+e".
This makes using NVDA really difficult. I have googled the problem and don't see any solution. I would really like to  use this computer!
Thanks,

Jacob Kruger

Glad working now.

If possible, try find a way to archive that driver version, or do something like turn off any form of automatic driver updating?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2017-04-11 03:15, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
I just got a new computer that uses Conexant smart Audio and the speech from NVDA is clipping off at the end of words. So rather than saying "start button: ctrl+aesc" it says "startbutton: ctrl+e".
This makes using NVDA really difficult. I have googled the problem and don't see any solution. I would really like to  use this computer!
Thanks,

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Sounds like its too smart for its own good.
Is it a laptop?
I usually suggest a usb audio dongle for laptops aas many seem to truncate things or add funny clicks. Not sure wh7y this is, but suspect some kind of power saving system is being triggered.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-