how do I check for updates in thunderbird with nvda

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

How do I check for updates in thunderbird with nvda? it'snot in about thunderbird.

Brian Sackrider

Brice Mijares

That's where I updated from.

On 4/12/2017 10:34 AM, brian wrote:
How do I check for updates in thunderbird with nvda? it'snot in about thunderbird.
Brian Sackrider

It is an automatic part of the "About Thunderbird" dialog.   If there is an update available it should be announced and the actual release number read.  If there is not one the about dialog shows, "Thunderbird is up to date," in stippled text, which is why that's not read.  If you are hearing, "You are on the release update channel," without having heard that there's an update available before that then there is no current update available.

Unfortunately I just got my latest update to 52.0 this morning and didn't have NVDA on at the time, but I do know the dialog asks something like, "Do you want to restart to apply the update?" followed by a "Restart Thunderbird" or "Restart Now" button to cause the awaiting update to be applied.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill

Dejan Ristic

You are supposed to go to the about menu, anyway. Then, press NVDA plus space to switch to the browse mode. You will be able to monitor the update progress by doing so. When the update has finished, you will be asked to restart the client. Have in mind that you must be in the browse mode to monitor the changes. If you Thunderbird is up-to-date, you will know it by arrowing up and down while in the browse mode.

I update the very client in that way. The same goes for Firefox, too.