Issues with NVDA and 1703, inside VM ware fusion

Jessica D

Hi,

I’m using vM ware fusion, as a free trial, and I can’t press “insert+ N” for the NVDA menu.
Ive made other key combinations, but none of them work.
Also, on occasion, other keys, like “alt tab” won’t work.

How can I fix this?

I’ve updated my installation media, just in case.

Is telling the computer to boot from installation media accessible?

Thanks,
Jessica

Felix G.

Hello Jessica and list,
I recall that during the installation of VMware there is a check box called "enhanced keyboard driver" or very similar. Can't check the exact wording right now as I'm away from all machines but my iPhone. It will require a restart but might solve your problem, if my intuition is correct.
Good luck,
Felix
Jessica D <jldail13@...> schrieb am Mi. 12. Apr. 2017 um 20:14:

Hi,

I’m using vM ware fusion, as a free trial, and I can’t press “insert+ N” for the NVDA menu.
Ive made other key combinations, but none of them work.
Also, on occasion, other keys, like “alt tab” won’t work.

How can I fix this?

I’ve updated my installation media, just in case.

Is telling the computer to boot from installation media accessible?

Thanks,
Jessica

Jessica D

Hi,Can you tell me how to access this checkbox? Do I need to re-install VM ware Fusion, in order to access this checkbox? I didn't see it when I got setup.Thanks,Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 13, 2017, at 7:22 AM, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello again, I saw it in the setup of VMware Workstation 12 when upgrading, so I assumed a reinstall isn't necessary. However, it might in fact not be present in Fusion, in which case I must apologize for putting you on the wrong track.
Kind regards,
Felix