Upgrading to Win 10

Carlos

Hello All:

I have Win 8.1 and my computer is qualified to run win 10.

Is there a tutorial for blind users that will guide me through all the steps necessary to have a nice quiet and pain free upgrading experience?

NVDA is my main screen reader and as we all also have narrator which I am not sure how well it might work on the upgrade?

I will be doing the upgrade from the Microsoft accessibility website which offers those upgrad to Win 10 for those who have assistive technologies.

Thank You! In advance for all your good advice and assistance!!!

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@gmail.com

John Hedges

The upgrade authentication for your valid Windows 8.1 key works for anyone. Have a copy of this 25 digit key for backup during the upgrade.

I would consider obtaining the Media Creation Tool to make an ISO for your x64 or x86 system. You can then mount/open it and run setup. It is pretty easy after that. Some programs may need removing before the upgrade, if flagged not compatible.

To run the new Narrator, use Ctrl+Window+Enter key combination. You will need that on the initial settings screens. NVDA 2017.1 runs pretty well with 1703, but update to 2017.2 when available.

John

     I have Win 8.1 and my computer is qualified to run win 10.

     Is there a tutorial for blind users that will guide me through all
the steps necessary to have a nice quiet and pain free upgrading experience?

     NVDA is my main screen reader and as we all also have narrator
which I am not sure how well it might work on the upgrade?

     I will be doing the upgrade from the Microsoft accessibility
website which offers those upgrad to Win 10 for those who have assistive
technologies.

     Thank You! In advance for all your good advice and assistance!!!

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

the following page from off my website will help you.

On the page you need to jump down the section about upgrading to windows
10. I forget the guys name from blind cool tech that done it but will
give you a idea of what to expect.

Are you going to have a sighted person help you or as they say do it blind.

I here have upgraded a few machines by myself and i have no vision but
if things go wrong you need a sighed person to help hopefully fix the
problem.

The easiest way might be to use the media creadion tool and go up that
way. It will download the file to your pc then go through the process of
installing windows 10. You will have nvda up to about the period of
where it starts rebooting 7 times i think it is then you have to wait
for a period of time before you can start up narrator to finish off the
process.

any how the tutorial is a audio one and will give you a idea of what to do.

it can be found on this page at
http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.html

last night i done it with a CD which had the 1703 build of windows on it
but this was from a earlier version of Windows 10 but along the same
process.

Things might go wrong but may not.

Gene nz