Read current line 3 times to copy its content to clipboard?

Gene

There is an item called Speech Viewer but I'm not sure just what you can tell it to copy.
I haven't used it to any extent, though I looked at it just a bit.  It appears to me not to be intended mainly for this purpose and it appears to me to be a considerably more cumbersome way of copying a line than the methods previously discussed or the proposed new method.

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Read current line 3 times to copy its content to clipboard?

I thought NVDA had a command to copy to the clipboard the last spoken text.  I don't remember what it is, because I've never used it, but I do remember seeing it in the documentation when I was reading through it.

On 4/20/2017 11:00 AM, Gene wrote:
Not control end, shift end.  That's one command I had in mind.  The start and end markers is the other, as I mentioned earlier.  It's true that a copy line option isn't necessary because these two methods already can do so, but I don't care either way if another way is included.

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:55 AM

On 4/20/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> Are you talking about the start and end marker command or the procedure to
> select a line in a document and copy it?  I don't know of any other ways to
> do this.
>
> Gene

Hi Gene:

I was talking about highlighting a line by moving to the beginning and
pressing conttrol-end, then pressing control-c to copy it.

Kevin Huber

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:55 AM

On 4/20/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> Are you talking about the start and end marker command or the procedure to
> select a line in a document and copy it?  I don't know of any other ways to
> do this.
>
> Gene

Gerardo Corripio

There's already a command to add a line to the clipboard? which is?

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Gene

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:55 AM

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:42 AM

On 4/20/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> So that's support for making the feature require four repetitions instead of
> three.  I'm not sure how much demand there is for such a command, no other
> screen-reader has it and usually, if I want to add something to the
> clipboard, it isn't one line.  It's usually more or less.  But there's
> nothing wrong with adding it, as long as the military spending is retained.
>
> Gene

Kevin Huber

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:21 AM

On 4/19/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> If military spelling is to be preserved, the command would have to be four
> times to copy to clip board.  At present, one time says the current line.
> Twice spells it.  Three times spells it with military spelling.  I don't
> know if people use the military spelling option but three times to copy to
> clipboard would remove it.
>
> Gene
>
>     On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 04:46 am, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
>

>> I've always wondered with nvda Why not PUT IN A COMMAND OF 3-TIMES
>> nvda+L (Laptop keyboard layout) that reads current line, 3-times so that
>> what NVDA just read gets copied onto the Clipboard? Just like the logic
>> behind NVDA+t 3-times to copy the title's content to the clipboard, the
>> same logic could be applied to NVDA+l 3-times, right? it's just so
>> natural of nvda+T 3-times that I've thought why not implement this into
>> copy current line? I'm always looking for ways to better NVDA, thus the
>> suggestion.

Kevin Huber

Hi Gene:

Actually the military spelling can be quite useful for people like
myself who have a slight hearing problem and sometimes find that it is
difficult to tell the difference between the letter t and the letter v
for instance.
Kevin Huber

If military spelling is to be preserved, the command would have to be four
times to copy to clip board. At present, one time says the current line.
Twice spells it. Three times spells it with military spelling. I don't
know if people use the military spelling option but three times to copy to
clipboard would remove it.

Gene

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 04:46 am, Gerardo Corripio wrote:

I've always wondered with nvda Why not PUT IN A COMMAND OF 3-TIMES
nvda+L (Laptop keyboard layout) that reads current line, 3-times so that
what NVDA just read gets copied onto the Clipboard? Just like the logic
behind NVDA+t 3-times to copy the title's content to the clipboard, the
same logic could be applied to NVDA+l 3-times, right? it's just so
natural of nvda+T 3-times that I've thought why not implement this into
copy current line? I'm always looking for ways to better NVDA, thus the
suggestion.

Gene

If military spelling is to be preserved, the command would have to be four times to copy to clip board.  At present, one time says the current line.  Twice spells it.  Three times spells it with military spelling.  I don't know if people use the military spelling option but three times to copy to clipboard would remove it.

Gene

    On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 04:46 am, Gerardo Corripio wrote:

I've always wondered with nvda Why not PUT IN A COMMAND OF 3-TIMES
nvda+L (Laptop keyboard layout) that reads current line, 3-times so that
what NVDA just read gets copied onto the Clipboard? Just like the logic
behind NVDA+t 3-times to copy the title's content to the clipboard, the
same logic could be applied to NVDA+l 3-times, right? it's just so
natural of nvda+T 3-times that I've thought why not implement this into
copy current line? I'm always looking for ways to better NVDA, thus the
suggestion.

Hi all,
The command has been taken in 2017.2.
Cheers,
Joseph

In fact, I had filed a ticket a very long while ago on the tracker, but admittedly, I had been unable to provide any substantial usage case for the same. Moreover, another user even reported that pressing
NVDA+T thrice accidentally was sufficient an annoyance because due to
that inadvertent extra NVDA+T press, the clipboard contents got modified which can be an understandable irritation, thus voting against NVDA+L thrice copying the current line. I would be happy to look and provide you the ticket link if necessary, in case you wish to substantiate the feature requests with usage cases and other justification.
Thanks.

On 4/19/17, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:
I've always wondered with nvda Why not PUT IN A COMMAND OF 3-TIMES
nvda+L (Laptop keyboard layout) that reads current line, 3-times so
nvda+that
what NVDA just read gets copied onto the Clipboard? Just like the
logic behind NVDA+t 3-times to copy the title's content to the
clipboard, the same logic could be applied to NVDA+l 3-times, right?
it's just so natural of nvda+T 3-times that I've thought why not
implement this into copy current line? I'm always looking for ways to
better NVDA, thus the suggestion.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah