From: "Fernando Apan" <ferapan@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:21 AM
Subject: [nvda] Question about donating to NVDA

Hi all, I hope you're all fine.

It has been a while that I'm trying to donate to the NVDA project but it always appears the paypal opcion. My question here is: is it possible to make a donation using only my visa credit card and not having to create a paypal account?

I will deeply appreciate any help or advise you can guys give me here. I would love to contribute to this wonderful screen reader, at least with a little amount.

Best of all,

Fernando Apan.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have done this, but last time I used the paypal account linked to my bank account but it showed up on the statement as a direct debit, which is mighty odd.
I'll need to see if I have inadvertantly altered something in Paypal. I did not turn on monthly donations either.
I assume if this function is turned on it can be turned off, not tried that yet.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

It has been a while that I'm trying to donate to the NVDA project but it always appears the paypal opcion. My question here is: is it possible to make a donation using only my visa credit card and not having to create a paypal account?

I will deeply appreciate any help or advise you can guys give me here. I would love to contribute to this wonderful screen reader, at least with a little amount.

Best of all,

Fernando Apan.

Luke Scholey <lukescholey@...>

PayPal allows you to check out as a guest, so it will be a one time payment using whatever you wish.
Luke

On 20 Apr 2017, at 10:50, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:

I have done this, but last time I used the paypal account linked to my bank account but it showed up on the statement as a direct debit, which is mighty odd.
I'll need to see if I have inadvertantly altered something in Paypal. I did not turn on monthly donations either.
I assume if this function is turned on it can be turned off, not tried that yet.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis L" <dennisl1982@...>
It has been a while that I'm trying to donate to the NVDA project but it always appears the paypal opcion. My question here is: is it possible to make a donation using only my visa credit card and not having to create a paypal account?

I will deeply appreciate any help or advise you can guys give me here. I would love to contribute to this wonderful screen reader, at least with a little amount.

Best of all,

Fernando Apan.

Fernando Apan

Ok, I'll use it that way. Thanks a lot.

Fernando Apan.

El 20/04/2017 a las 03:46 a.m., Dennis L escribió:
you can use your vesa card on PayPal.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fernando Apan" <ferapan@...>
It has been a while that I'm trying to donate to the NVDA project but it always appears the paypal opcion. My question here is: is it possible to make a donation using only my visa credit card and not having to create a paypal account?

I will deeply appreciate any help or advise you can guys give me here. I would love to contribute to this wonderful screen reader, at least with a little amount.

Best of all,

Fernando Apan.

Don H

Since I was screwed by PayPal I would hope you would find another way to donate outside of Paypal. I will not use them in any way for processing my payments.

On 4/20/2017 5:44 AM, Luke Scholey wrote:
[...]

I see. As far as I know the only other way to send the payment to NVDA is via bank transfer or a cheque. I would get in contact with them to achieve this.
Luke

On 20 Apr 2017, at 13:39, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

[...]

Antony Stone

Don, do you know someone you trust who does use Paypal, who you could give or
send the money to by whatever means you prefer, and get them to make the
transfer to NV Access?

Antony.

--
Pavlov is in the pub enjoying a pint.
The barman rings for last orders, and Pavlov jumps up exclaiming "Damn! I

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gene

The site says that you can donate by a bank transfer.

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:08 AM

--
Pavlov is in the pub enjoying a pint.
The barman rings for last orders, and Pavlov jumps up exclaiming "Damn!  I
forgot to feed the dog!"

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Antony Stone

Yes, but that could be expensive if your bank isn't in the same country as NV
Access' bank.

Antony.

On Thursday 20 April 2017 at 15:24:55, Gene wrote:

The site says that you can donate by a bank transfer.

It has been a while that I'm trying to donate to the NVDA project
but it always appears the paypal opcion. My question here is: is
it possible to make a donation using only my visa credit card and
not having to create a paypal account?

I will deeply appreciate any help or advise you can guys give me
here. I would love to contribute to this wonderful screen reader,
at least with a little amount.

Best of all,

Fernando Apan.
--
In science, one tries to tell people
in such a way as to be understood by everyone

In poetry, it is the exact opposite.

- Paul Dirac

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Quentin Christensen

Just to summarise what everyone has added:

- Yes, you can donate via credit card.  It does use PayPal, however you don't need a PayPal account, you can check out as a guest and enter your credit card details.

- The other way of donating is via bank transfer.  As others noted, our bank is in Australia, so it will automatically convert to Australian dollars, however please do check with your bank whether this will incur any fees.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
In science, one tries to tell people
in such a way as to be understood by everyone
something that no-one ever knew before.

In poetry, it is the exact opposite.

 - Paul Dirac

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

How were you screwed.

I have never had issues with paypal.

I have had issues with vendors when I have used paypal from time to time, but never issues with getting it resolved.

Most of the time its server side.

I am going to have to renew my credit card info well debit card info when a new one is issued this year.

On 21/04/2017 12:39 a.m., Don H wrote:
[...]

.

Don H

Bought something from Target on line and used Paypal to pay for it. Target hit my Paypal account twice for the same charge and Paypal would not fix it.

On 4/21/2017 5:26 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

And why is that Pay Pal's fault?  it's Target's fault.  Do you still shop at target?  I don't know what Pay Pal's policy is for incorrect charges.  Unless they state, under their terms, that they will in some way compensate users for incorrect charges of third parties, they have done nothing improper.

In all the years Pay Pal has been around, I can't recall seeing any other complaints about them.  I'd say that's a good record.

Bought something from Target on line and used Paypal to pay for it.
Target hit my Paypal account twice for the same charge and Paypal would
not fix it.

On 4/21/2017 5:26 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
> How were you screwed.
>
> I have never had issues with paypal.
>
> I have had issues with vendors when I have used paypal from time to
> time, but never issues with getting it resolved.
>
> Most of the time its server side.
>
> I am going to have to renew my credit card info well debit card info
> when a new one is issued this year.
>

> On 21/04/2017 12:39 a.m., Don H wrote:
>> Since I was screwed by PayPal I would hope you would find another way
>> to donate outside of Paypal.  I will not use them in any way for
>> processing my payments.
>>
>> On 4/20/2017 5:44 AM, Luke Scholey wrote:
>>> PayPal allows you to check out as a guest, so it will be a one time
>>> payment using whatever you wish.
>>> Luke

Hmmm probably talk to target about it.

However according to articles target and a few others have been breached at least twice maybe more.

Usually if you are charged twice you would actually queary the store.

If I got overcharged for something, I wouldn't come crying to my credit card company, unless it was froad.

Its not their problem if you were overcharged unless ofcause the store refuses to do anything about it.

Its burocracy thats all.

The store is who you complain to with the right info.

Its not paypal

's problem.

Target is a big company, it may be a mistake or something goes nuts I have had it happen when I shove cards through in some supermarkets, things charge twice from time to time you just tell them it has and they fix it its usually an error somewhere.

The only time this was not good is I was charged and only half the product showed up.

After attempting to email first nicely then not so nice about the issue to the seller, and getting no more reply from them I simply decided to no longer buy from them.

There is a 120 dispute day limit but you do need to talk to a store first that you got your stuff from.