Lay-out in braille

Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...>

Dear people,

Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,… in braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?

I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Jordy D.

Unified English Braille (UEB) code has what you need. All English
speaking countries use this code now.

On 4/21/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
Dear people,

Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,... in
braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?
I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Jordy D.

Arlene

Oh, Is this the way it will be from now on? I see this code in the modern Braille books!

Unified English Braille (UEB) code has what you need. All English speaking countries use this code now.

On 4/21/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
Dear people,

Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,...
in braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?
I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Jordy D.

John Hedges

BANA – Braille Authority of North America. APH was represented there. We are switching all materials to UEB over the next while.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Oh, Is this the way it will be from now on?  I see this code in the modern Braille books!

Unified English Braille (UEB) code has what you need. All English speaking countries use this code now.

On 4/21/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
> Dear people,
>
> Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,...
> in braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?
> I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Kind regards, Jordy D.

Arlene

Oh! I see.

BANA – Braille Authority of North America. APH was represented there. We are switching all materials to UEB over the next while.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Oh, Is this the way it will be from now on?  I see this code in the modern Braille books!

Unified English Braille (UEB) code has what you need. All English speaking countries use this code now.

On 4/21/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
> Dear people,
>
> Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,...
> in braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?
> I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Kind regards, Jordy D.

Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...>

Hello,
I mean in the braille settings for NVDA. And I don't read English Contracted, so UEB is quiet difficult for me...
Thanks for your answer!
Greetings, Jordy.

Unified English Braille (UEB) code has what you need. All English speaking countries use this code now.

On 4/21/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
Dear people,

Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,...
in braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?
I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Jordy D.

One can always use the grade one version of UEB. There should be
settings to change the braille display to using eight dots instead of
six, but I am not sure what else you can do with the extra dots other
than underline.

On 4/22/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
Hello,
I mean in the braille settings for NVDA. And I don't read English
Contracted, so UEB is quiet difficult for me...
Thanks for your answer!
Greetings, Jordy.

Unified English Braille (UEB) code has what you need. All English speaking
countries use this code now.

On 4/21/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
Dear people,

Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,...
in braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?
I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Jordy D.

Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...>

Yes, that's right. I just saw it.
But that is not the subject of my question. I only asked: is there a way to have the layout, like bold, underlined, italic,... in braille, so on my braille display, using NVDA?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings, Jordy.

Unified English Braille (UEB) code has what you need. All English
speaking countries use this code now.

On 4/21/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
Dear people,

Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,...
in braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?
I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Jordy D.

NVDA does not have input UEB table. When I need to prepare a braille
document with the typeforms you mention I use JAWS. Hopefully NVDA
will soon be fullly operational with UEB. If still I have not answered
your question perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I, will.

On 4/22/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
Yes, that's right. I just saw it.
But that is not the subject of my question. I only asked: is there a way to
have the layout, like bold, underlined, italic,... in braille, so on my
braille display, using NVDA?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings, Jordy.

Unified English Braille (UEB) code has what you need. All English
speaking countries use this code now.

On 4/21/17, Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...> wrote:
Dear people,

Is there a way to have the lay-out, like bold, italic, underlined,...
in braille, indicated with dots 7 & 8, below the characters?
I really need this to follow my lessons in high school.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Jordy D.

Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...>

Hopefully, because I have some technical problems and I cand use JAWS properly...
And maybe, if you have to prepare a braille document, you can use Perky Duck of Duxbury? That's easier then switching to JAWS...
It's freeware!