NVDA and google chrome

Don H

Running Win 10 1903 and latest vversions of Google Chrome and NVDA.
My normal way of using Google Chrome is to enter my search data and hit enter. Then I use the h key to move by header to each of the results. Noticing today that when I now do this NVDA says title before each search result when I hit the h key. Never noticed this before. Did I somehow change this to cause NVDA to say title?

Don,

            What search engine are you using?   I have noticed recently that my personal favorite, DuckDuckGo, has revised the format of its search results in a way that makes even selecting something with the mouse far more difficult/frustrating.

             It's up to those coding the search engines how they choose to present the results, and something might have been tweaked.  I can't say this for certain, though.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Don H

I am using Google and that hasn't changed.

On 11/9/2019 11:10 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Don,
            What search engine are you using?   I have noticed recently that my personal favorite, DuckDuckGo, has revised the format of its search results in a way that makes even selecting something with the mouse far more difficult/frustrating.
             It's up to those coding the search engines how they choose to present the results, and something might have been tweaked.  I can't say this for certain, though.
*The color of truth is grey.*
           ~ André Gide

Gene

I just tested using Chrome and the current version of NVDA.  I don't hear title.  But I do hear "clickable" before every heading in the web results is read.  I'm talking about the web results, where all these headings are links to results.

Also, if I down arrow, then up arrow back to the link, "clickable" isn't spoken.  If I up arrow, then down arrow to the link, it is.

I'm using default settings.  I don't know how long this behavior has been occurring.  Usually, I have clickable not set to be spoken.

Running Win 10 1903 and latest vversions of Google Chrome and NVDA.
My normal way of using Google Chrome is to enter my search data and hit
enter.  Then I use the h key to move by header to each of the results.
Noticing today that when I now do this NVDA says title before each
search result when I hit the h key.  Never noticed this before.  Did I
somehow change this to cause NVDA to say title?

Don H

I have clickable switch off as well.