python text editors

bhanu computer

hi all
i need some python text editors best in intelisence, syntax hylighting etc and also is there any NVDA setting to access the syntax hylighting?
thankyou

Recommendations for text editors that are both Python and NVDA friendly are just fine on the main group, as is discussion of any NVDA setting(s) to make the two things "play well together."

Any deep dives into using a specific editor with NVDA, which will focus on that text editor rather than NVDA, should be taken to the Chat Subgroup.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Jason White

The only well supported option I am aware of is Notepad++, for which there is an NVDA add-on. However, I haven’t been searching recently. I tend to use Emacs with a braille display to edit text files.

i need some python text editors best in intelisence, syntax hylighting etc and also is there any NVDA setting to access the syntax hylighting?
thankyou

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

There is an eclipse branch of the Python editor called Leclipse.  It has no official support from NVDA but is as accessible as notepad in many ways because it is built off Eclipse, the official Java based IDE for Java and many more programming languages.  Cheers!