python text editors

bhanu computer

hi all
i need some python text editors best in intelisence, syntax hylighting etc and also is there any NVDA setting to access the syntax hylighting?
thankyou

Recommendations for text editors that are both Python and NVDA friendly are just fine on the main group, as is discussion of any NVDA setting(s) to make the two things "play well together."

Any deep dives into using a specific editor with NVDA, which will focus on that text editor rather than NVDA, should be taken to the Chat Subgroup. 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

The color of truth is grey.

~ André Gide

Jason White

The only well supported option I am aware of is Notepad++, for which there is an NVDA add-on. However, I haven’t been searching recently. I tend to use Emacs with a braille display to edit text files.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of bhanu computer
Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2019 7:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] python text editors

hi all
i need some python text editors best in intelisence, syntax hylighting etc and also is there any NVDA setting to access the syntax hylighting?
thankyou

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

There is an eclipse branch of the Python editor called Leclipse.  It has no official support from NVDA but is as accessible as notepad in many ways because it is built off Eclipse, the official Java based IDE for Java and many more programming languages.  Cheers!

On 11/10/2019 1:49 AM, Jason White via Groups.Io wrote:

The only well supported option I am aware of is Notepad++, for which there is an NVDA add-on. However, I haven’t been searching recently. I tend to use Emacs with a braille display to edit text files.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of bhanu computer
Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2019 7:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] python text editors

hi all
thankyou

Having done a few programming classes in the past.

notepad works just fine, however you need to know what you are doing.

Notepad++, there is note tab and such.

What you need is a syntax checking editor, searching editors for python or python3 will bring up some.

Programming editorswould bring up some.

I can't promise anything but most editors are accessible or should be most I have used have used normal controls but who knows.

This page

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

should list you most of what you want.

notepad++ is a choice.

On 10/11/2019 6:14 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
Recommendations for text editors that are both Python and NVDA friendly are just fine on the main group, as is discussion of any NVDA setting(s) to make the two things "play well together."

Any deep dives into using a specific editor with NVDA, which will focus on that text editor rather than NVDA, should be taken to the Chat Subgroup. 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

The color of truth is grey.

~ André Gide

Tony Malykh

Both Visual Studio and VSCode can do Python and are accessible.

On 11/9/2019 4:36 AM, bhanu computer wrote:
hi all
thankyou

bhanu computer

i have a problem with pygame module in python. when i convert a pygame python program in to exe by pyinstaller it says worning! Hiden import pygame._view not found!. so any one have a solution, please tell me it is my humble request