lyrebird tts startup

Josh Kennedy

would be cool if lyrebird tts was also accessible, I could make tts voices of friends and family members in a few minutes with this.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: OT--Lyrebird Can make
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 17:53:44 -0700
From: Ana G <lot.of.yada@...>
To: eyes-free@...

Hi All,

I got this from Twitter.

A startup called Lyrebird is developing artificial intelligence to make
a TTS that sounds like someone you know, with a small voice sample, only
about a minute of speech. Here's the website, which includes a recording
of TTS Obama, Trump, and Hilary Clinton.

https://lyrebird.ai/demo

It's pretty good, even capturing some of the unique speech rhythms of
each individual nicely, like Obama's tendency to get louder near the
beginning of the sentence (as if he were giving a speech) and trump's
tendency to mumble in the middle of a sentence, where most people put
most of their content (I guess he doesn't think we'll notice he isn't
saying anything).

Anyway, imagine being able to turn someone we know into our primary
TTS."I'd use Trump just so I could carry my phone in my back pocket.
When it spoke, I'd say, "Excuse me. Must be something I ate."

Ciao

--
To report violations of our ground rules or content guidelines, contact eyes-free+owners@.... -- https://goo.gl/rDveM8
---

Marco Oros

I agree with It. But, It is commercial, or free?

Marco Oros

Yeah, It is under development, but we need also somebody to test not this voice only, but also the application to create new voices.

Marco Oros

I think on accessibility of this application for us.

Brian's Mail list account

Oh dear, the other day I heard had made a GW Bush and the last President one up. I do not, repeat, not want a Trump one!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

I wonder how ethical it is to use others vices for this? It could be used as adeception tool if it is really that good.
Last I heard the presidents ones were done from various state of the union speeches.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I agree with It. But, It is commercial, or free?

Buddy Brannan

Nothin yet, anyway, according to the demo page, which says it'snot released yet.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194

On Apr 25, 2017, at 3:27 AM, Marco Oros <marco.oros93@...> wrote:

I agree with It. But, It is commercial, or free?

Marco Oros

But, We can create maybe another voice and ofcoourse I think, that It'll be good to create another voices, not just in English.

The concept sounds really interesting.