Topics

Setting NVDA's dictionary for different languages

Fernando Apan

Hi All,

I use NVDA with three different languages: english, french and spanish. So, my question is because in certain words, "facebook" for example, NVDA's dictionary is setup to read the word as it should sound in spanish, that would be feisbuk. If I want to read the same word with the english voice and don't want the same pronunciation than in spanish, how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Fernando Apan.

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Fernando,

When you are in "preferences", choose dictionary settings.

Then you can select default dictionary, voice dictionary or temporary dictionary.

If you select Voice dictionary, you may add an entry for the voice you are just using.

If you want to add a Facebook entry to your Spanish voice, choose this voice in your Voice settings, go back to dictionary and voice dictionary, then add the pronounciation you wish to hear.

I hope this helps.

Best

Sylvie

Le 27/04/2017 à 14:37, Fernando Apan a écrit :
Hi All,

I use NVDA with three different languages: english, french and spanish. So, my question is because in certain words, "facebook" for example, NVDA's dictionary is setup to read the word as it should sound in spanish, that would be feisbuk. If I want to read the same word with the english voice and don't want the same pronunciation than in spanish, how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Fernando Apan.

Fernando Apan

Wow, it worked! Thanks a lot!