From: mk360
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 9:16 PM
Subject: [nvda] Help! Any way to disable error sound?

Hi,

That is. I've a Word document but when I try to read it NVDA constantly
play the error sound and display an error in the log viewer. However,
NVDA reads the document, but the sound is too disturbing. So can I
disable the sound? I know that can be important for resolving bugs, bla
bla bla, but for now it is for my study, I have only some days to
prepare the test and is desperating... I can report that later, but now
I need to read it, and concentrate in it.

It is the error in the log, I've no idea why:

ERROR - RPC process 4504 (WINWORD.EXE) (23:08:55):
Thread 5996, build\x86\remote\winword.cpp,
detectAndGenerateColumnFormatXML, 962:
pageWidth does not equal the calculated page width. Some margin or
offset me be missed, this may mean that some column numbers reported
were incorrect. pageWidth: 612 colStartPos: 537.05

Thanks,

mk.

Quentin Christensen

Hi MK,

Which version of NVDA are you using?  The error sound is expected for this in snapshot builds, but in the stable NVDA 2017.1 should only generate the message in the log.

This can be caused by documents created by some third party programs where document properties, such as column width, aren't set properly.  See this issue for details: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6996

If you go into the page setup dialog in the document and ensure "gutter position" has a value that should stop the error (assuming that is the problem - if it's something else, please let me know).

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account

I don't think I've ever heard an error in a release build myself,even the pesky one in some windows 7 edit fields does not occur in those.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Chris

Go into nvda settings and preferences then keyboard then uncheck play a sound on spelling errors

[...]

Gene

We have no evidence that these are spelling errors.  Unchecking that setting may or may not be desirable but unless the article is abnormally full of spelling errors, this isn't the cause of the problem.