Focus Highlighter

willmac@lantic.net

Hi,

I am presently trying to use the Focus Highlighter Add-on in a sort of haphazard way.
Can anyone help me to use it in a more constructive way to get the most out of the add-on.
Regards,

William

Quentin Christensen

Hi William,

Focus Highlight should just work without needing too much interaction (it is a purely visual indication on screen of where the focus currently is).

The following colors are used by this addon:

  • Green jagged line, to indicate the navigator object.
  • Red thin rectangle, to indicate the focused object/control.
  • Red thick rectangle, to indicate when navigator object and focused object are overlapping.
  • Blue thick rectangle with thin slashes, to indicate NVDA is in focus mode, i.e. key types are passed to the control.
Otherwise, what problems are you having with it?

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Deborah Armstrong <debee@...>

I've been using the focus highlight now for several years with no issues. I am blind and my purpose is to show sighted people where I am when pointing out something on a web page or in an app, and to also show my focus when I'm doing object nav to click on something. Remember it's a completely visual feature.
It's worth noting that just last week, JAWS finally added visual tracking as a feature to their latest update.

Hi,

I’m working on a project that’ll take this experience to the next level.

Cheers,

Joseph