Buttons Not Working on the Soundcloud Website

Daveed Mandell <daveedmandell@...>

Hello:

If you are familiar with soundcloud.com, find an artist and one or
more tracks and press the Play button. I just did that with no
result. After I pressed the Play button, the Pause button came up,
but the track did not play. This might not be a major bug, but it is
rather annoying, to say the least. I have found this problem on quite
a number of music and other websites.

Regards,

Daveed Mandell

Hi,
What browser are you using? In some cases, websites work better with one browser than others.
Cheers,
Joseph

If you are familiar with soundcloud.com, find an artist and one or more tracks and press the Play button. I just did that with no result. After I pressed the Play button, the Pause button came up, but the track did not play. This might not be a major bug, but it is rather annoying, to say the least. I have found this problem on quite a number of music and other websites.

Regards,

Daveed Mandell

Andre Fisher

Which browser? IS this possibly a Flash issue? Is your video sound
muted? There are many variables.

What browser are you using? In some cases, websites work better with one
browser than others.
Cheers,
Joseph

If you are familiar with soundcloud.com, find an artist and one or more
tracks and press the Play button. I just did that with no result. After I
pressed the Play button, the Pause button came up, but the track did not
play. This might not be a major bug, but it is rather annoying, to say the
least. I have found this problem on quite a number of music and other
websites.

Regards,

Daveed Mandell

Brian's Mail list account

Its about time sites got their acts together. Somebody I know wanted to book a ticket on an airline site, something they had done many times with no issues, however the new improved site was completely inaccessible. I seriously feel things are getting worse these days of access as web designers seem to out graphic each other for no apparent reason.
Luckily I don't fly anywhere but it does just show how fragile the accessibility we thought we had won can be.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

If you are familiar with soundcloud.com, find an artist and one or more
tracks and press the Play button. I just did that with no result. After I
pressed the Play button, the Pause button came up, but the track did not
play. This might not be a major bug, but it is rather annoying, to say the
least. I have found this problem on quite a number of music and other
websites.

Regards,

Daveed Mandell

Gene

You said the pause button came up.  That means that the file would play if it could and the button works.  If you can't play anything on Sound Cloud, the problem has nothing to do with the screen-reader.  There is some problem on your system keeping your computer from playing the audio.

These days, I don't know if Sound Cloud uses Flash or HTML5 or both.  Do you have Flash Player?  Have you tried more than one browser?  Which browser are you using?

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:44 PM

Hello:

If you are familiar with soundcloud.com, find an artist and one or
more tracks and press the Play button.  I just did that with no
result.  After I pressed the Play button, the Pause button came up,
but the track did not play.  This might not be a major bug, but it is
rather annoying, to say the least.  I have found this problem on quite
a number of music and other websites.

Regards,

Daveed Mandell

Gene

Youtube uses HTML5 by default now.  I'm not sure if Flash is supported for old browsers any longer but it is a fair assumption that HTML5 is being used.  If the browser being used is quite old, flash might be being used instead.  It's worth checking to see if the player is muted.  This problem has nothing to do with buttons.  Using buttons to play audio on Youtube is unnecessary.  Youtube starts playing audio automatically.

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:17 AM

Which browser? IS this possibly a Flash issue? Is your video sound
muted? There are many variables.

> Hi,
> What browser are you using? In some cases, websites work better with one
> browser than others.
> Cheers,
> Joseph

Akbar S. Currim <raahzam@...>

Hi,

I am new to NVDA as I always have used Window Eyes hitherto so I am
only guessing the cause of your problem. Are you sure you have not
turned on the audio ducking mode? If you have then you should turn it
off by NVDA+shift+d. Hope this helps.

All the best,

Akbar