Best Way To Remove Nvda And Do A Clean Install

Earle Zwicker

'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?

Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?

I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.

Thanks for any ideas.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Jessica D

Hi,

Are you looking to just remove NVDA, or re-install the whole operating system?

This info will help us assist you further

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?

Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?

I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.

Thanks for any ideas.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Earle Zwicker

Just Nvda. I want to start from scratch with a clean copy, but I want to make sure everything gets removed.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2017, at 1:03 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

Are you looking to just remove NVDA, or re-install the whole operating system?

This info will help us assist you further

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?

Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?

I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.

Thanks for any ideas.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Jessica D

Hi,

Yes, you can do that by typing “uninstall NVDA” into the search box, when you bring up the start menu.

I hope this helps.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?

Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?

I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.

Thanks for any ideas.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

For gods sake man, he asked about nvda, not windows.

Removing nvda via the programs add/remove menu should work fine, just be sure to wipe out the directory where it stores all your custom configurations.

On my system, this is in the appdata\local\roaming\nvda

folder, under my user directory.  Yours may or may not be the same depending on various system settings.

Hope this helps.

On 5/18/2017 1:03 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

Are you looking to just remove NVDA, or re-install the whole operating system?

This info will help us assist you further

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?

Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?

I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.

Thanks for any ideas.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Tyler Spivey

NVDA is in several parts.
The program can be removed with Programs and Features.

The user configuration won't be removed when the program is, and this confuses a lot of people. Do this:
1. From the Run dialog (Windows+r), type:

%appdata%

And press enter.
2. Find nvda in that directory and delete it.

It's best to do this when NVDA is not running.

If you just want to restore your user settings to factory defaults without addons, then deleting the configuration should be enough.

On 5/18/2017 9:36 AM, Earle Zwicker wrote:
'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?

Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?

I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.

Thanks for any ideas.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

There is at least one folder you need to remove after uninstallation.  You can uninstall the program in the usual way but there will still be something left.  I believe the program leaves settings in case you want to reinstall and not loose them.  Many programs do that.  Someone will, I expect,  discuss how to remove anything the uninstallation leaves behind.

However, you might get help solving the problem or problems you are having if you tell us what they are.  Uninstalling may or may not be an effective means to solve them.

'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?

Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?

I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.

Thanks for any ideas.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

Maybe the uninstaller should ask if you want to remove your settings or just the program.  It shouldn't be this convoluted to remove everything, should people want to.

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:10 PM

NVDA is in several parts.
The program can be removed with Programs and Features.

The user configuration won't be removed when the program is, and this
confuses a lot of people. Do this:
1. From the Run dialog (Windows+r), type:

%appdata%

And press enter.
2. Find nvda in that directory and delete it.

It's best to do this when NVDA is not running.

If you just want to restore your user settings to factory defaults
without addons, then deleting the configuration should be enough.

On 5/18/2017 9:36 AM, Earle Zwicker wrote:
> 'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?
>
> Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?
>
> I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Earle
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Earle Zwicker

I just wanted to thank all of you for the great information. I have uninstalled everything, and reinstalled, and everything is working perfectly again.

Nvda just gets better and better all of the time.

I'm finding the Windows 10 addon to be especially useful.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:10 PM

NVDA is in several parts.
The program can be removed with Programs and Features.

The user configuration won't be removed when the program is, and this
confuses a lot of people. Do this:
1. From the Run dialog (Windows+r), type:

%appdata%

And press enter.
2. Find nvda in that directory and delete it.

It's best to do this when NVDA is not running.

If you just want to restore your user settings to factory defaults
without addons, then deleting the configuration should be enough.

On 5/18/2017 9:36 AM, Earle Zwicker wrote:
> 'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?
>
> Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?
>
> I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Earle
>
> Sent from my iPhone

well 1. uninstall nvda as normal using a portable nvda just uninstall nvda from the nvda menu or programs and features

then go to the following folder %username%\%appdata%

or just type %appdata% in run box.

locate nvda folder and hit delete on that.

Next go to c:\program files on 32 bit systems or c:\program files(x86) on 64 bit systems find the nvda folder and hit delete.

Next go to c:\programdata and find anything called nvda and delete it.

The most important folder is the application data one.

Reinstall nvda and redo your settings.

On 19/05/2017 4:36 a.m., Earle Zwicker wrote:
'What is the best way to remove Nvda and all components and addons, so that I can start from scratch?

Would removing it by using programs and features be the best way, or is there a more thorough option?

I'm running Windows 10 creater with all of the latest updates.

Thanks for any ideas.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

.

You know that could be good, what about a way to just remove settings within the program if they screw.