Topics

speech hub voices

Hello can I please get the mary tts engine fore the hub speech server?

it is called open mary tts

thanks

Hank

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Are you refereing to the speechhub package?

Gene nz

--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net. Regardless of where you

I got the speech hub server installed
the open marry tts is a speech hub speech synthisizer.
thanks
Hank

Hi

Are you refereing to the speechhub package?

Gene nz

On 20/05/2017 6:08 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello can I please get the mary tts engine fore the hub speech server?

it is called open mary tts

thanks

Hank

Isaac Porat

Hello

Presumably you installed SpeechHub from:

http://www.speechhub.org

Also presumably you have after installation installed the NVDA SpeechHub add-on as explained in the NVDA section further down the page.

If you did you can use the NVDA standard Synthesizer and Voice dialog boxes to use the voices you like in the usual way.

As a user the above is all you need to know.

If you are technically interested in the actual MaryTTS voices these come as an integral part of SpeechHub.

SpeechHub currently support only English voices. These voices are available in the MaryTTS website but last time I have produced the SpeechHub installer not all voices were of good enough quality to be included in SpeechHub. Also these voices are MaryTTS version depended so all has to match including special modifications that make SpeechHub work with MaryTTS voices.
In short, practically, the voices included in the SpeechHub version are those that are currently possible to use.

Regards
Isaac

On 22/05/2017 12:29, The Wolf wrote:
I got the speech hub server installed
the open marry tts is a speech hub speech synthisizer.
thanks
Hank

Hi

Are you refereing to the speechhub package?

Gene nz

On 20/05/2017 6:08 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello can I please get the mary tts engine fore the hub speech server?

it is called open mary tts

thanks

Hank

Arno Schuh

Dear Isaac,

In short, practically, the voices included in the SpeechHub version
are those that are currently possible to use.
That's really a pity! It would be nice to have all the available speech projects for MaryTTS in SpeechHub.
I sometimes like to read news in the Moselle Franconian dialect, spoken across the German border in Luxembourg. To read this news and artikles with a German voice is horrible. And because this "language" is only used by about 500.000 people there of course is no hope to get a voice from the usual producers like Nuance, Acapela etc. The only source I saw by request was a project on MaryTTS.

So to get these voices into SpeechHub in an easy way would be very helpful.