From: Don H
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 11:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA RC1

Can someone provide instructions or a direct link to download the RC1

NVDA update please?

Thanks

Andre Fisher

What is the issue you face when you access the site? Discussions are
ongoing to improve the download experience. What are your specific
needs?

On 5/22/17, Jessica D <jldail13@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I couldn’t download it either.
Can anyone elp us?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

De: The Wolf
Data: 22 de maio de 2017 18:03
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA RC1

can I please get the direct address to the complete change log?

thanks
Hank

On 5/22/2017 9:25 AM, Mário Navarro wrote:

get it :

https://t.co/X0LX4gWfIv

Às 17:18 de 22/05/2017, Gene escreveu:

When I go to the NVDA snapshots page, I get a standard browser message that the site can't be found. There is evidently a problem with the site that hosts snapshots and, presumably, the RC versions.

I'm not sure whom you contact to alert them of the situation. I suspect they already know.

Gene

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Jessica,

Go to www.nvaccess.org and look for the heading that says "nvda 2017.2 RC 1". Hit K on that link and then hit enter.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

Can someone provide instructions or a direct link to download the RC1

NVDA update please?

Thanks

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Something must have changed after my post as I downloaded it OK. Maybe they broke the link somehow.
This has happened before from memory.
I think they want you to go to the blog and download from there but as I say it worked when I tested it earlier. Page not found sounds like its all been moved.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Can someone provide instructions or a direct link to download the RC1 NVDA update please?
Thanks

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

That would certainly do it but this morning at least I auto downloaded a master snap from that site so its working again I'd suggest.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

When I go to the NVDA snapshots page, I get a standard browser message that the site can't be found. There is evidently a problem with the site that hosts snapshots and, presumably, the RC versions.

I'm not sure whom you contact to alert them of the situation. I suspect they already know.

Gene

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

I wasn't aware of a problem with the download server but in any case, it certainly seems to be working at the moment.  Could those who were having problems (or anyone else) please let me know if you are still having difficulty downloading the release candidate?

The snapshots page (where you can download not only the release candidate builds, but also next and master builds), is here: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
That would certainly do it but this morning at least I auto downloaded a master snap from that site so its working again I'd suggest.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
When I go to the NVDA snapshots page, I get a standard browser message that the site can't be found.  There is evidently a problem with the site that hosts snapshots and, presumably, the RC versions.

I'm not sure whom you contact to alert them of the situation.  I suspect they already know.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I had no issues, except that as normal the way nvaccess do it confuses people due to the order of the links and buttons in the donate bit of the screen. IE the skip donation option is often missed then you get asked for an email address. This one page seems to confuse many new users, perhaps somebody could run some tests on newbies and redesign it with more helpful hints.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I wasn't aware of a problem with the download server but in any case, it
certainly seems to be working at the moment. Could those who were having
problems (or anyone else) please let me know if you are still having
difficulty downloading the release candidate?

The announcement page is here:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-2rc1-released/
The download page is here:
https://www.nvaccess.org/download?nvdaVersion=2017.2rc1

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
When I go to the NVDA snapshots page, I get a standard browser message
that the site can't be found. There is evidently a problem with the site
that hosts snapshots and, presumably, the RC versions.

I'm not sure whom you contact to alert them of the situation. I suspect
they already know.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

It's true that part of the site definitely needs a redesign, we hear you! :)

Quentin.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>