Topics

NVDACon 2019

Adriani Botez

Dear NVDA community,

after more than 8 months in which we spent exciting time together to organize the NVDACon 2019, we are almost there!

The conference will start on november 15th 2019 at 21:00 UTC with the opening forum as everyone should already know.

This year’s conference is held for the first time in november. Join us on a very inlightning jurney during which we will find out that NVDA is everywhere!

This year we will be proud to have Google as well as Firefox on our conference. For more details, check the preliminary schedule at

https://www.nvdacon.org/2019-program-and-schedule

In any case, there are plenty of reasons why this NVDACon will be unique!

We will be glad to see you at NVDACon 2019.

Best regards

Adriani

Co chair of NVDACon board team

Dale Leavens

The link doesn’t show any information about where the conference is being held, anything about accommodation and how ever the times are coded they can’t be read on my iPhone but are annnounced as something like invalid format.

Hope it is all successful.

Cheers.

Dale Leavens

On Nov 10, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:

Dear NVDA community,

after more than 8 months in which we spent exciting time together to organize the NVDACon 2019, we are almost there!

The conference will start on november 15th 2019 at 21:00 UTC with the opening forum as everyone should already know.

This year’s conference is held for the first time in november. Join us on a very inlightning jurney during which we will find out that NVDA is everywhere!

This year we will be proud to have Google as well as Firefox on our conference. For more details, check the preliminary schedule at

https://www.nvdacon.org/2019-program-and-schedule

In any case, there are plenty of reasons why this NVDACon will be unique!

We will be glad to see you at NVDACon 2019.

Best regards

Adriani

Co chair of NVDACon board team

Adriani Botez

You can see where the conference is held if you access the link “how to join us”from the menu bar of the website.

The time script that converts the times for the presentations from utc to your local time zone works unfortunately only in Firefox and maybe Chrome. Thus, if you read it with your fone you should use one of those browsers.

Best

Adriani

[...]

molly the blind tech lover

This is so exciting

after more than 8 months in which we spent exciting time together to organize the NVDACon 2019, we are almost there!

The conference will start on november 15th 2019 at 21:00 UTC with the opening forum as everyone should already know.

This year’s conference is held for the first time in november. Join us on a very inlightning jurney during which we will find out that NVDA is everywhere!

This year we will be proud to have Google as well as Firefox on our conference. For more details, check the preliminary schedule at

https://www.nvdacon.org/2019-program-and-schedule

In any case, there are plenty of reasons why this NVDACon will be unique!

We will be glad to see you at NVDACon 2019.

Best regards

Adriani

Co chair of NVDACon board team

I am giving the lightning talk on learning foreign languages.
I put together a handout to accompany the talk. This way I can discuss a procedure, such as installing a new keyboard in general, but the handout has the exact steps so listeners won't need to take notes. It also means I won't have to weigh the talk down with tedious exact steps to accomplish a task.

How do I distribute the handout to the audience? Do you want it posted to the list here, or can someone put it on the NVDA wiki? Do you want it in Word, text with mark-down or HTML?
--Debee

derek riemer

Please send it in whatever format you would like. You can send multiple formats if you like as well, and we'll post it with the session on the recorded bits, and put it on the schedule as a handout for your session.

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.

Pascal Lambert

Hi Adriani,

This will be the first conference I will attend.  If help is needed, I am ready and willing to volunteer.  I am not an expert on NVDA but I have moderated discussion groups  before on various topics  and I fluently speak English, French, and Spanish and served as a translator in all three languages. I am also a certified mediator and conflict resolution facilitator.  Just let me know how best to serve.

Blessings

Pascal Lambert

after more than 8 months in which we spent exciting time together to organize the NVDACon 2019, we are almost there!

The conference will start on november 15th 2019 at 21:00 UTC with the opening forum as everyone should already know.

This year’s conference is held for the first time in november. Join us on a very inlightning jurney during which we will find out that NVDA is everywhere!

This year we will be proud to have Google as well as Firefox on our conference. For more details, check the preliminary schedule at

https://www.nvdacon.org/2019-program-and-schedule

In any case, there are plenty of reasons why this NVDACon will be unique!

We will be glad to see you at NVDACon 2019.

Best regards

Adriani

Co chair of NVDACon board team

Adriani Botez

Hey Pascal, that’s really good to know. Thank you very much. Let’s coordinate everything at the conference.

[...]

Sounds good.  I am willing and ready to help.

Blessings

Pascal

[...]

do you have a skype account?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

[...]

I used to.  But I can re-activate it or create a new one.  I went to zoom Ans WhatsApp.

Why?

Blessings

Pascal

[...]

we have a skype group for moderators because this is easier to coordonate. So if possible it would be great to reactivate your skype account. Please send me the skype name then so I can add you to the group.

Best

Adriani

[...]

My Skype name is Rimbaud86

[...]

Ok I invited you to the group. Did you get the invitation?

Best

Adriani

[...]

No.  I just checked on Skype.

Blessings

Pascal

[...]

Adriani,

I Skype name is:  rimbaud86 all small letters.

My mistake.  I put a capital R when I sent it the first time.

Sorry.

Blessings

Pascal

[...]

Ok it finds just one result, called este soy yo solo soy yo or something like that. I assume this is not you?

[...]

No, that is not me.

Look me up by my email:  Rimbaud86@...

Hopefully will link up.

Blessings

Pascal

[...]

Hmm I cannot find you. Here is a link you can use to join the group.

https://join.skype.com/ak6Ie1TNzcQ5

[...]

Thank you.  Done.

Blessings

Pascal