De: andy.tidwell
Data: 29 de maio de 2017 19:46
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] NVDA and speech of toggle keys.

Hello everyone I have a question about speech on the toggle keys. I went in to the NVDA menu and enabled speech on toggle keys because I
wanted to hear when I pressed the tab and escape and function keys but now I also hear speech when I press the arrow keys, is there any way I
can stop speech on the arrow keys and still have NVDA announce the other keys? any help will be appreciated.Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Quentin Christensen

I think this is an issue related to the conversation?

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 5:53 AM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:
NV Access team and Joseph, this is another thing we have to think...

We have discussed this issue some time ago in devellopers list, and, I think, we have arrived to an almost agreement that this type of keys should be voiced by NVDA, but not arrows...

Regards,

Rui Fontes

-----Mensagem Original----- De: andy.tidwell
Data: 29 de maio de 2017 19:46
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Rui Fontes

Yes, related with this topic and to the topic of people changing from other screen readers to NVDA!

It is one of NVDA's most criticized failures!

Rui

Rui

Data: 29 de maio de 2017 19:46
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hello everyone I have a question about speech on the toggle keys. I went in to the NVDA menu and enabled speech on toggle keys because I
wanted to hear when I pressed the tab and escape and function keys but now I also hear speech when I press the arrow keys, is there any way I
can stop speech on the arrow keys and still have NVDA announce the other keys? any help will be appreciated.Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

andy.tidwell

Hello Quentin, what I was wondering is if there is a way to toggle the speech on the arrow keys on the numpad and the other arrow keys while allowing speech of the tab and function keys because when I went in to the sittings
and checked to   toggle keys it enabled speech on all toggle keys including all arrow keys and I would like to know if there is a way some how to turn off speech on the arrow keys only.

Data: 29 de maio de 2017 19:46
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hello everyone I have a question about speech on the toggle keys. I went in to the NVDA menu and enabled speech on toggle keys because I
wanted to hear when I pressed the tab and escape and function keys but now I also hear speech when I press the arrow keys, is there any way I
can stop speech on the arrow keys and still have NVDA announce the other keys? any help will be appreciated.Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Andy,

At this stage there isn't.  It seems to be one of those issues where everyone has their own, slightly different, idea of exactly how it should work.

Kind regards

Quentin.

Data: 29 de maio de 2017 19:46
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

Hello Quentin thanks for the info at least I know now.
I was not sure whether there was something like key board manager where you could toggle speech on individual keys but now I know the answer so thank you very much for your help.
I am still trying to learn a little about using NVDA I am a jaws user but I am told you can do some things with NVDA that you can’t do with jaws right
now so keep up the good work.

Data: 29 de maio de 2017 19:46
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

Thanks Andy,

It's definitely one of those tricky situations where it's hard to find the best answer.  We could provide a dialog where you could individually select every key, but that might turn some people off, or be confusing.  We could offer "groups" of keys you could turn on or off, but then would people want more granularity in which keys?

We are certainly open to more discussion on this topic and in trying to ascertain the best way forward.

Regards

Quentin.

Data: 29 de maio de 2017 19:46
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

It should be implamented. Let the user decide what keys speak and don't.

Data: 29 de maio de 2017 19:46
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hello everyone I have a question about speech on the toggle keys. I went in
to the NVDA menu and enabled speech on toggle keys because I
wanted to hear when I pressed the tab and escape and function keys but now I
also hear speech when I press the arrow keys, is there any way I
can stop speech on the arrow keys and still have NVDA announce the other
keys? any help will be appreciated.Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for
him?

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager