From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] hot key assignments

So is there a way in NVDA to reassign a hot key combination for a standard
NVDA hot key? for example changing the NVDA find command of insert control
f to control shift f.

Kevin Huber

Hi Don:

Go to your NVDA menu by pressing insert-n, then press Enter on
prefferences and arrow down to Input Gestures and press the Enter key.
Kevin Huber

On 6/1/17, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
So is there a way in NVDA to reassign a hot key combination for a
standard NVDA hot key? for example changing the NVDA find command of
insert control f to control shift f.

Don H

I don't see NVDA search or find in any of the options under input gestures.

On 6/1/2017 1:35 PM, Jonathan Milam wrote:
Hi Don,
You can, under Input Gestures in Preferences.
Jonathan
So is there a way in NVDA to reassign a hot key combination for a standard
NVDA hot key? for example changing the NVDA find command of insert control
f to control shift f.

Hi,
Folks, let us never forget that input gestures dialog is context-sensitive.
To Don: find command will show up if you're in a place where you can find text, such as in web browsers. After opening say, a web browser, open input gestures dialog.
Cheers,
Joseph

So is there a way in NVDA to reassign a hot key combination for a
standard NVDA hot key? for example changing the NVDA find command of
insert control f to control shift f.

Jonathan Milam

You'll actually find it in the browse mode category in Input Gestures.

Jonathan

So is there a way in NVDA to reassign a hot key combination for a
standard NVDA hot key? for example changing the NVDA find command of
insert control f to control shift f.

Don H

OK I first opened IE and went to a web page. I then opened the NVDA menu and preferences and input gestures. I find the find command under browse and see a entry of insert control f for the find command but I don't see any way to change it.

On 6/1/2017 2:03 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Folks, let us never forget that input gestures dialog is context-sensitive.
To Don: find command will show up if you're in a place where you can find text, such as in web browsers. After opening say, a web browser, open input gestures dialog.
Cheers,
Joseph

So is there a way in NVDA to reassign a hot key combination for a
standard NVDA hot key? for example changing the NVDA find command of
insert control f to control shift f.

Kevin Huber

Hi Joseph:

That's something I didn't know. Thanks for sharing that piece of information.
Kevin Huber