nvda incompatible with flash in 64 bit firefox

enes sarıbaş

hi,

Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is absolutely unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are unavailable.

enes sarıbaş

hi,

now with 32 bit, with the greacemonkey kill windowless flash script installed, flash crashes every single time I press enter on an embeded object. This is really driving me crazy.

On 6/6/2017 3:41 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
hi,

Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is absolutely unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are unavailable.

Gene

Grease Monkey doesn't give you access to many more Flash objects.  Those that you do get access to, you can get access to without using Grease Monkey by using a JAWS demo and Internet Explorer or perhaps by using NVDA and Internet Explorer.  It's been two or more years since I experimented with this.  I found one Flash object that wouldn't work with Grease Monkey installed that worked before when it wasn't installed and I was using firefox.

Sent: Monday, June 05, 2017 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda incompatible with flash in 64 bit firefox

hi,

now with 32 bit, with the greacemonkey kill windowless flash script
installed, flash crashes every single time I press enter on an embeded
object.  This is really driving me crazy.

On 6/6/2017 3:41 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
> hi,
>
> Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is
> absolutely unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are
> unavailable.

enes sarıbaş

hi gene,

For me, the experience was different. Without greacemonkey, I cannot access almost all flash objects. Additionally, this should be resolved with nvda, as I should not have to use another browser or screen reader to get access to these.

Sent: Monday, June 05, 2017 7:58 PM

hi,

now with 32 bit, with the greacemonkey kill windowless flash script
installed, flash crashes every single time I press enter on an embeded
object.  This is really driving me crazy.

On 6/6/2017 3:41 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
> hi,
>
> Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is
> absolutely unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are
> unavailable.

Gene

You might get access to more Flash objects, maybe a good many more, without Grease Monkey if you do the following:
Don't press enter on the Flash object.
When you are on it, route the virtual mouse to it and then left click the mouse.

Even without doing so, I believe most people can get access to a fair number of Flash objects.  Your experience may be related to the sites you use and may be anomalous.

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 1:16 AM

Sent: Monday, June 05, 2017 7:58 PM

hi,

now with 32 bit, with the greacemonkey kill windowless flash script
installed, flash crashes every single time I press enter on an embeded
object.  This is really driving me crazy.

On 6/6/2017 3:41 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
> hi,
>
> Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is
> absolutely unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are
> unavailable.

Brian's Mail list account

Not a lot better in 32 bit since the recent flash updates. Thank goodness the bbc has gone html 5, at least that works reliably. Flash has always been a bit flakey and many sites never made their interfaces wotrk properly in any case.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

now with 32 bit, with the greacemonkey kill windowless flash script
installed, flash crashes every single time I press enter on an embeded
object. This is really driving me crazy.

On 6/6/2017 3:41 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
hi,

Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is
absolutely unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are
unavailable.

Tyler Wood

I hate flash.

Always have, always will. If there is an alternative I’ll use it.

I’ve never been able to get those imbedded objects to work right. Firefox hasn’t been all that forgiving lately and I’ve switched to chrome for the most part, but NVDA needs major work on that before it becomes a viable solution.

> Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is absolutely

> unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are unavailable.

Felix G.

What I find interesting is that while Firefox currently no longer supports npapi plugins in general, for some reason they decided to keep Flash, which is also npapi-based. Why Flash? It's a design flaw and a security risk.
Kind regards,
Felix

Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> schrieb am Mi., 7. Juni 2017 um 19:45 Uhr:

I hate flash.

Always have, always will. If there is an alternative I’ll use it.

I’ve never been able to get those imbedded objects to work right. Firefox hasn’t been all that forgiving lately and I’ve switched to chrome for the most part, but NVDA needs major work on that before it becomes a viable solution.

> Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is absolutely

> unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are unavailable.

Brian's Mail list account

Probably because people requested it I'd imagine. to me the sooner we can banish Flash to history the better for web design in general. so many sites seem to be built only using flash and most are a total disaster.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Why is nvda incompatible with flash in firefox 64 bit? This is
absolutely

unacceptable. All embed objects in firefox 64 bit are unavailable.

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

I hate Flash too, but this is not an NVDA issues. Bi))th to Adobe for that  and/or the websit authors. HTML 5 is the way to to go.