Changing the name of say all command

Gene

Say all is not a proper description of the NVDA key down arrow command.  That command doesn't say all unless you start at the beginning of a document.  It starts to speak or read, from your current position in the document.  Also, say all sounds like an adjustment in screen echo.  The name should be changed to something like read to end, or speak to end.  I don't use a Braille display so I don't know if the command would be used there.  If not, speak to end would be best.

Gene

Andre Fisher

Hi.

Read to end would be more ideal. However, I think this is based on the
tradition of the screen reader.

On 6/8/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Say all is not a proper description of the NVDA key down arrow command.
That command doesn't say all unless you start at the beginning of a
document. It starts to speak or read, from your current position in the
document. Also, say all sounds like an adjustment in screen echo. The name
should be changed to something like read to end, or speak to end. I don't
use a Braille display so I don't know if the command would be used there.
If not, speak to end would be best.

Gene

Brian's Mail list account

I've also heard it called auto read and many other things. I suppose it all depends on how you see it really.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

On 6/8/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Say all is not a proper description of the NVDA key down arrow command.
That command doesn't say all unless you start at the beginning of a
document. It starts to speak or read, from your current position in the
document. Also, say all sounds like an adjustment in screen echo. The name
should be changed to something like read to end, or speak to end. I don't
use a Braille display so I don't know if the command would be used there.
If not, speak to end would be best.

Gene

anthony borg

Hi gene what is the command to speak to end? Or read to end?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

On 6/8/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Say all is not a proper description of the NVDA key down arrow command.
That command doesn't say all unless you start at the beginning of a
document. It starts to speak or read, from your current position in
the document. Also, say all sounds like an adjustment in screen echo.
The name should be changed to something like read to end, or speak to
end. I don't use a Braille display so I don't know if the command would be used there.
If not, speak to end would be best.

Gene

anthony borg

Ok, thanks gene.

Regards

Anthony

Say all is not a proper description of the NVDA key down arrow command.  That command doesn't say all unless you start at the beginning of a document.  It starts to speak or read, from your current position in the document.  Also, say all sounds like an adjustment in screen echo.  The name should be changed to something like read to end, or speak to end.  I don't use a Braille display so I don't know if the command would be used there.  If not, speak to end would be best.

Gene

Quentin Christensen

Hi Anthony,

The command to read to end (called "Say All", even though it reads from the current point onwards, as the thread is talking about), is NVDA+down arrow if you use desktop layout, and NVDA+a in Laptop layout.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

anthony borg

Thanks quentin, for the explanation.

Best regards

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Steve Nutt

Hi,

It's based on what JAWS calls it I believe. Window-Eyes called it Read To End, and Supernova calls it Read From Here.

All the best

Steve