NVDA add-ons list on Freelists: list in lockdown mode

Hi everyone,

I’m sending this message as the owner of the NVDA add-ons list hosted at Freelists:

For several days, whenever I and others try to send a message to NvDA add-ons list hosted at Freelists, we get delivery failure notices. This, along with bouncing problem, leads me to believe that we need to initiate an emergency list migration. Thus the Freelists list is in lockdown mode until further notice.

Cheers,

Joseph

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This used to happen from time to time before when I used Freelists. Normally it ended up that whole domains like theirs had been blacklisted making delivery impossible until their listing got removed and in the meantime no messages got through as the bounces triggered the suspensions of accounts. This whole area of anti spam for multiple emails from domain seems to have got a lot worse in recent months, with legitimate news letters being sent out through email getting blocked etc.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I'm sending this message as the owner of the NVDA add-ons list hosted at
Freelists:

For several days, whenever I and others try to send a message to NvDA
add-ons list hosted at Freelists, we get delivery failure notices. This,
along with bouncing problem, leads me to believe that we need to initiate an
emergency list migration. Thus the Freelists list is in lockdown mode until
further notice.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,
It appears a series of mailing lists are affected on Freelists, or it might
be for certain email addresses. I just tried to send a test message to the
translations mailing list to no avail.
Cheers,
Joseph

I'm sending this message as the owner of the NVDA add-ons list hosted at
Freelists:

For several days, whenever I and others try to send a message to NvDA
add-ons list hosted at Freelists, we get delivery failure notices. This,
along with bouncing problem, leads me to believe that we need to initiate
an
emergency list migration. Thus the Freelists list is in lockdown mode
until
further notice.

Cheers,

Joseph

Damien Sykes-Lindley <damien@...>

Hi Joseph,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I dread to think how many times I have been seemingly unsubscribed from the list without so much as a bounce notification, unsubscription confirmation or anything of that sort, then I only notice it months after it happened because when I’m sending emails to the list it isn’t reaching. I think when I recently resubscribed the count was up to 5.
Are there any plans for the addon list? Are we moving to groups.io or are we discussing them here?
Cheers.
Damien.

I’m sending this message as the owner of the NVDA add-ons list hosted at Freelists:

For several days, whenever I and others try to send a message to NvDA add-ons list hosted at Freelists, we get delivery failure notices. This, along with bouncing problem, leads me to believe that we need to initiate an emergency list migration. Thus the Freelists list is in lockdown mode until further notice.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

I’ll announce a decision soon on this list and on the development list.

Cheers,

Joseph

I’m sending this message as the owner of the NVDA add-ons list hosted at Freelists:

For several days, whenever I and others try to send a message to NvDA add-ons list hosted at Freelists, we get delivery failure notices. This, along with bouncing problem, leads me to believe that we need to initiate an emergency list migration. Thus the Freelists list is in lockdown mode until further notice.

Cheers,

Joseph

I wonder why that would be happenning to start with?
---
Christopher Gilland

I’m sending this message as the owner of the NVDA add-ons list hosted at Freelists:

For several days, whenever I and others try to send a message to NvDA add-ons list hosted at Freelists, we get delivery failure notices. This, along with bouncing problem, leads me to believe that we need to initiate an emergency list migration. Thus the Freelists list is in lockdown mode until further notice.

Cheers,

Joseph

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

i think the addons list and the dev list should move to groups.io

On 6/11/17, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@gmail.com> wrote:
I wonder why that would be happenning to start with?
---
Christopher Gilland

http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575
I'm sending this message as the owner of the NVDA add-ons list hosted at
Freelists:

For several days, whenever I and others try to send a message to NvDA
add-ons list hosted at Freelists, we get delivery failure notices. This,
along with bouncing problem, leads me to believe that we need to initiate an
emergency list migration. Thus the Freelists list is in lockdown mode until
further notice.

Cheers,

Joseph

austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com