nvda skipping pages in microsoft word?

Daniel Wolak <danielwolak97@...>

Hi all,

Have been having a rather interesting problem for a while in which NVDA
seems to skip one page in a document of word I.E. if for instance I'm on
page 1, it will skip to page 3 when I reach the bottom of page 1.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

I experience it on office 2013/2016 on a windows7/windows10 machine
respectivly.

Thanks much for any help,

Daniel

Antony Stone

Are you talking about a specific document (in which case, is it something you
can share with us, to see what it does on other people's machines) or are you
saying that this behaviour occurs on any document you open?

Antony.

--
<flopsie> yes, but this is #lbw, we don't do normal

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Andre Fisher

How many columns does the document have?

On 6/13/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
[...]

Ann Byrne

Go to the status bar with f6 and tinker with the zoom settings. I don't remember which is best, but it used to be page width. This is almost certainly a Word condition, not NVDA.

Good luck.

At 07:19 PM 6/13/2017, you wrote:
[...]

Bhavya shah

Hi Daniel,
I know what you mean. I myself used to experience this issue across
all Microsoft Word documents with NVDA (although I don't believe it
was NVDA's fault, though I should have tested with other screen
readers, something I didn't do) on a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 system
with Microsoft Office 2010.
To navigate to the skipped page, use any standard navigation key
except only the arrows. In other words, if you use character
navigation, word navigation or paragraph navigation on Page 1, you
will definitely land on Page 2 as well instead of jumping to Page 3
which arrowing up and down results in.
To answer questions posed by others very succinctly, at least in my
version of this problem, this persists with all (proper) Word
documents, regardless of whether or not they have any columns, with
more or less the default zoom level set.
I am not sure if I still face this problem, but I don't think I do
anyways, but if it pops up again, I shall revert with any additional
testing that others may need me to perform for troubleshooting
purposes.
Thanks.

At 07:19 PM 6/13/2017, you wrote:
[...]

Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...
Mobile Number: +91 7506221750

Giles Turnbull

Daniel, I think you are being over-restrained when you describe it as an 'interesting' problem! I had this problem and it drove me absolutely crazy!! It took me ages to find out what was going on, and it turned out to relate to the view setting. I don't know why the pages get skipped (for me it skipped every other page, so p2, 4, 6 etc) and the answer that works for me is to go to the view menu and change to draft view.

An annoyance for me now is thatI can't set Word to open by default in draft view, and that seems to be a common annoyance to sighted Word users as much as blind users, but switching into draft view each time I open a document is much less of a headache then not being able to read every other page.

Hope that helps :)

Giles

Brian's Mail list account

It seems to occur for me on some files made by somebody else, ie not myself.
I suspect that they have some weird formatting tht causes confusion somewhere along the line, but since I just get peed off and turn them into txt and then read them that way I have never investigated. its always happend on some word documents.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-