Help moving between header and footer sections

Quentin Christensen

When you go back to the link in the e-mail to download it you will always get the latest version.  We don't usually make an announcement about training module updates, as they usually are only minor corrections and updates.

I'll make a note to let you know though!

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 6:43 AM, Kara Goldfinch <kara.louise18@...> wrote:

Brilliant.

Where can I download the latest version when it's released?

On 16/06/2017 01:17, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Kara,

Press backspace to move back to the previous alignment or left arrow to do that without removing anything new you've typed.

Thanks for your comments, I'm updating that section in the Word training module based on your suggestions.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Kara Goldfinch <kara.louise18@...> wrote:
Correction to my last message:
 no it doesn't move between the centre and right sections. It moves to the centre section but on the next line.
Kara
On 15/06/2017 00:48, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Kara,

My apologies, I should have more clearly advised what NVDA reads.  It does move from left aligned, to centre aligned, to right aligned, but when you press TAB it does read as if it's moved by tab stop.  On my A4 document with Normal margins for instance, when I press tab, it reads 10.5 centimetres (the middle of the 21cm wide page) and then 18.5cm (the right margin of the page).

It's a bit tricky, as it identifies as "Align default".

You can use CONTROL+L, CONTROL+E and CONTROL+R to change alignment, however that also moves any existing text (so it works as it would on a normal line of the document).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 4:15 AM, Kara Goldfinch <kara.louise18@...> wrote:

Hi all.

I am currently working my way through NVAccess' excellent MS Word tutorial, and have ran into a problem when editing headers or footers.

Keep in mind I'm using word 2016 as part of my office 365 subscription.

The tutorial says that the tab key moves you from the left section, to the centre then to the right. However, in word 2016 it seems to just insert tab stops.

I remember this work correctly in word 2007, so something must have changed since then.

Does any of you know how to move between the sections now?

All the best

--

Kara Goldfinch

Certified Expert                NVDA Certified Expert logo
View the list of all NVDA Experts

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

--

[...]

Thanks Quentin. That makes more sense now.

The alignment info that NVDA gives also confused me as it just said left aligned regardless of where I was in the header or footer, so thanks for clearing that up also.

On my system, pressing tab only moves between the centre and right sections; if I want to move back to the left I have to press shift+tab. I don't know if that's standard behaviour but it could be something worth mentioning in the tutorial.