From: Don H
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 9:16 AM
Subject: [nvda] new key label I think

Running latest released version of NVDA on a win 10 64 bit machine.
Just noticed that while in a browser, IE or Chrome or Firefox, when
selecting text and copying it to the clip board with control c NVDA now
says copied to clipboard.  I don't think it did this in the past.  still
no announcement of pasted from clipboard or cut to clipboard.  Have I
totally lost it or is this something new and if it is new can we get
more such key labels added as well?
Thanks

Don H

Well I said I think. Trying to learn NVDA and Jaws at the same time just might confuse a old man like me. I must say that I like NVDA over Jaws.

On 6/16/2017 11:45 AM, Gene wrote:
NVDA says copied to clipboard in browse mode because Microsoft makes that feature available. NVDA has done this for a long time. I don't know if it did in the early days but this has long been the behavior.
Running latest released version of NVDA on a win 10 64 bit machine.
Just noticed that while in a browser, IE or Chrome or Firefox, when
selecting text and copying it to the clip board with control c NVDA now
says copied to clipboard. I don't think it did this in the past. still
no announcement of pasted from clipboard or cut to clipboard. Have I
totally lost it or is this something new and if it is new can we get
more such key labels added as well?
Thanks

hi.
nvda support sayings copy and peist in firefox for me since 2014
versions which i used.
i dont know about other browsers.
thanks for your information gene.
did microsoft make it available in all browsers?
because i use only firefox.

On 6/16/17, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

As far as I know, this is a function of browse mode.  So any program that causes your screen-reader to use browse mode should allow copying text in this way.

Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 12:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] new key label I think

On 6/16/17, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
> Well I said I think.  Trying to learn NVDA and Jaws at the same time
> just might confuse a old man like me.  I must say that I like NVDA over
> Jaws.
>
> On 6/16/2017 11:45 AM, Gene wrote:
>> NVDA says copied to clipboard in browse mode because Microsoft makes
>> that feature available.  NVDA has done this for a long time.  I don't
>> know if it did in the early days but this has long been the behavior.
>> Gene

Brian's Mail list account

Since I've been using the add on for this for some time modified to say that Its hard for me to know. I'll have to disable it and see.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Running latest released version of NVDA on a win 10 64 bit machine. Just noticed that while in a browser, IE or Chrome or Firefox, when selecting text and copying it to the clip board with control c NVDA now says copied to clipboard. I don't think it did this in the past. still no announcement of pasted from clipboard or cut to clipboard. Have I totally lost it or is this something new and if it is new can we get more such key labels added as well?
Thanks

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Surprising that something as basic as key labelling is missing though in NVDA.  All the other screen readers have it.

All the best

Steve

NVDA says copied to clipboard in browse mode because Microsoft makes that feature available.  NVDA has done this for a long time.  I don't know if it did in the early days but this has long been the behavior.

Running latest released version of NVDA on a win 10 64 bit machine.
Just noticed that while in a browser, IE or Chrome or Firefox, when
selecting text and copying it to the clip board with control c NVDA now
says copied to clipboard.  I don't think it did this in the past.  still
no announcement of pasted from clipboard or cut to clipboard.  Have I
totally lost it or is this something new and if it is new can we get
more such key labels added as well?
Thanks

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I agree I’m also surprised in outlook2010 when you are arrowing throw folders it doesn’t say NVDA 9 unread again a feature other screen readers have.  I also am surprised you can’t label buttons in a program or on websites.  NVDA is missing some very obvious things in my opinion.  If they added these things it would probably be my primary screen reader.

[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Have you tried the golden cursor ad on?  it lets you do various things like moving the mouse and part of it also lets you label stuff if unlabeled.

I used that part for my scanner so i could get it to route the mouse to those areas in a application. I have not treally labeled much as i do not come across it hardly.

When nvda is running use the nvda key )+ letter then, then arrow to tools, then a sub menu will come up, then arrow down to manage add ons then press the enter key. Under that section look for a button called get add ons then press the enter key.

Your browser will come up and there will be a list of add ons to install. Locate the golden cursor add on and install it.

By the way I noticed that a couple of the commands were around the oposite way  to get them to work. Most were correct.

Gene nz

On 6/22/2017 2:14 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

[...]

Agreed.  It will never be my primary screen reader, until more configuration is added.

The inability to switch off blank lines when cursoring, no key labelling, the inability to switch numbers to digits or handled by synth, I could go on with this one.  But no, it is simply not configurable enough by the average user yet.

All the best

Steve