Topics

microsoft api voices

Don H

Is there a way to add more Microsoft API version 5 voices to use with NVDA? Right now there are only two voices available under the syn choices of NVDA. I am running the latest version of NVDA and Win 10 64 bit.
Thanks

Георги Ламбов <obichamlegiona@...>

Hi!

You can use: microsoft speech platform voices. First you have to install the engine and then the voices.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27225

This is the engine.

Microsoft Speech Platform - Runtime Languages
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27224

The voices are good, I like them. They are maybe some slow but it helps me.
Georgi
На 17.6.2017 г. в 17:29 ч., Don H написа:

Is there a way to add more Microsoft API version 5 voices to use with NVDA? Right now there are only two voices available under the syn choices of NVDA. I am running the latest version of NVDA and Win 10 64 bit.
Thanks

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes you can buy them from all sorts of places. Most are not free.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Is there a way to add more Microsoft API version 5 voices to use with NVDA? Right now there are only two voices available under the syn choices of NVDA. I am running the latest version of NVDA and Win 10 64 bit.
Thanks

Quentin Christensen

In the last version or so of "Next" snapshots of NVDA (like Alpha test builds) we've added the ability to use the Microsoft OneCore (mobile) voices that come with Windows 10.  If you are happy to play with a maybe not polished version of NVDA, you can download the latest "Next" build from here: http://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/  Otherwise, sit tight and it should make its way into 2017.3 later this year.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
Yes you can buy them from all sorts of places. Most are not free.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H" <lmddh50@...>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Greg Wocher

Hello,
I am using the master branch and the newer microsoft voices are in it. The only issue I have is that they are very, very slow. Is there going to be the ability to speed them up at all? Even at 100% speed they are still so slow I don’t want to use them.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On Jun 18, 2017, at 7:34 AM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

[...]

Leo

hi, apparently this is going to be fixed,

but for now you can go to settings, windows key plus i, time and language, speech and once there adjust speed rate.