Editing text using NVDA Braille Input

laura.picknell@...

Hi all,
Hope I am posting this to the correct place.
I am using a Brailliant with NVDA. When trying to correct a typing error I am unable to do this using the braille display in grade 2.
For example, if I want to type 'make' but type 'cake' by mistake. I use the cursor routing keys to move to the 'c' delete it using backspace and then want to braille the 'm'. However, I cannot get the 'm' to display. It shows on the braille device, however, will not be displayed in Word. And as soon as I move the cursor, the 'm' disappears from the braille display. I understand that in grade 2 you usually have to press space or use punctuation in order for the braille to display on screen. However, is there a way to get around this when editing text?
Thanks,
Laura

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

This is why I don't use  braille input when editing. Because of translation issues, you're better off using your qwerty keyboard on your computer. I keep my BrailleNote Touch Plus next to my qwerty keyboard when working on my PC. I can then easily use the display to read text. When I find a mistake or something I want to change, I use the corresponding cursor routing key, then the qwerty keyboard to make the change or correction. I hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

laura.picknell@...

Thanks Abbie. That's really helpful.

I wasn't sure if I was just doing it wrong and there was a way it could be done, seemed odd to not be able to do it using the braille display!