NVDA and IE11 problems

Don H

Running latest released version of NVDA on a Win 10 64 bit machine. When I use IE 11 often times I have two issues. First is not being able to open a link. When on a link I hit enter and get nothing.
Second I will move to a edit box and can not get NVDA in the right mode to enter text. Tried resetting IE and did not help. Seems to happen on a random basis on random pages.
Any help would be appreciated.
en

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

you could always try the following.

when you are in internet exploder and you are focused in it try the nvda key + letter V.

it should say if screen layout is either on or off. I usually have mine to off, this is a toggle and is spoken.
This also puts text and links on the same line.

the second question use the nvda key + space bar, it should toggle it between browse mode where you can use single letter navigation keys and focus mode where you can type.

Best bet  is to find the edit areas is to use the letter E and this should take you from where ever you are to a edit area. I usually do this from the top of a page. the other letter I use at times is the letter F and when i land on those areas if i do not hear it spoken as in focus mode i then use the nvda key + space bar to do it.

If you want to hear NVDA say browse mode and focus mode take a look under the browse mode setting in nvda and uncheck the box that says Audio indication of focus and browse modes then tab to the ok button then give it a whirl in the browser. if happy with how it plays then you can save your configuration.

Gene nz

On 6/20/2017 1:37 PM, Don H wrote:
Running latest released version of NVDA on a Win 10 64 bit machine. When I use IE 11 often times I have two issues.  First is not being able to open a link.  When on a link I hit enter and get nothing.
Second I will move to a edit box and can not get NVDA in the right mode to enter text.  Tried resetting IE and did not help.  Seems to happen on a random basis on random pages.
Any help would be appreciated.
 en

hi.
also you can turn off use screen layout when supported forever in brows mode.
God bless you.

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org