From: Don H
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
Subject: [nvda] reading status bar

Running latest NVDA and Win 10.  In the NVDA documentation it says that
NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar.  Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Rui Fontes

Please:
1 - In which program are you trying?
2 - What NVDA says?

Rui

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says that
NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

NVDA shift end is what you want.

George

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says that
NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Don H

When I use nvda key shift end NVDA says no previous review mode.

-----Original Message----- From: Don H
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says that
NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Rui Fontes

Hello

Let's clarify!

1 - The command to read the status bar is:
Desktop layout - NVDA+End
Laptop layout - NVDA+Shift+End

2 - The End key is the one found on the six-pad between the letters and numeric keyboard, normally above the arrow keys.

Rui

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says that
NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Rosemarie Chavarria

Are you sure you're not hitting the NVDA key and 1 on the numpad? That will say "no previous review mode". NVDA end is the right command for status.

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says that
NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Oh! There's your problem! Don't use the end key on the numpad. You need to be using the end key on the 6pack.
---
Christopher Gilland

When I use nvda key shift end NVDA says no previous review mode.

On 6/21/2017 4:24 PM, George McCoy wrote:
> NVDA shift end is what you want.
>
> George
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Don H
> Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] reading status bar
>
> Running latest NVDA and Win 10.  In the NVDA documentation it says that
> NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar.  Does not do it for me.
> What am I doing wrong?

Christo de Klerk

Hello all

I can confirm that I, too, can no longer get NVDA to read the status line in both MS Word 2013 and the latest updated versions of Thunderbird. I am using the following version of NVDA:

NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA)
Version: next-14124,08a2b888

But the inability to read these status lines started some snapshots back already, can't remember exactly when.

In Thunderbird when I give the command to read the status line, NVDA just says: "blank". In MS Word it says: "Navigation". I have tried this in both Object Review mode and Screen Review mode with exactly the same results. In both cases the screen is maximised.

Kind regards

Christo

-----Mensagem Original----- De: Don H

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says that
NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Jacques <lists4js@...>

Hi Christo

I always run the latest snapshots of NVDA, so am on the most current one. I'm not able to reproduce your described issue with the status line. It works correctly in MS Word, Outlook and Thunderbird. Where the status line still is a problem, and actually has been since I moved to Windows 10, is the status line hotkey simply reporting, "No status line found," in File Manager. Yes, I know there are ways with review cursor to find the info on the status bar, but I believe it's a reasonable expectation to have this working correctly in File Manager. Windows 10 has been around long enough now, and this does actually work fine with commercial screen readers.

BTW, as for Office I'm using 365.

Jacques

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says
that NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Christo Vorster

Hello Christo

Although I am not a member of the braille committee, here is my cent's worth on the matter of diacritics.

Initially I thought that we, as Afrikaans readers, were lucky to have continued with the old diacritic symbols. I still don't mind using them, but I echo your sentiments, let's keep it simple, or rather universal. Use the diacritic symbols as designed by the UEBC committee.

Regards

Your Namesake

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says
that NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Christo Vorster

Hi all

Sorry for sending the wrong message to this group, it was a little oversight on my part.

Christo Vorster (South Africa)

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says
that NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Heaven Botma <heaven@...>

Dear list

Sometimes the status line works and sometimes it just says, "no status line found" or it gives me the wrong info in word. Sometimes it helps to rout the review cursor. However, it would be nice if the status line would be read correctly every time and the same things would be read with each use, such as the current page in Ms Word.

I am using Office 2016, NVDA 2017.2 and Windows 10 Creators Update.

Kind regards

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says
that NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?

Gene

Does it make any difference if you check to make sure you are using object navigation?  At times, being in screen navigation causes things not to work properly so I advise people that, after they finish using screen review, they should always switch to the default object navigation before continuing.

I can confirm that I, too, can no longer get NVDA to read the status line in both MS Word 2013 and the latest updated versions of Thunderbird. I am using the following version of NVDA:

NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA)
Version: next-14124,08a2b888

But the inability to read these status lines started some snapshots back already, can't remember exactly when.

In Thunderbird when I give the command to read the status line, NVDA just says: "blank". In MS Word it says: "Navigation". I have tried this in both Object Review mode and Screen Review mode with exactly the same results. In both cases the screen is maximised.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2017/06/22 12:33 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> Hello
>
> Let's clarify!
>
> 1 - The command to read the status bar is:
> Desktop layout - NVDA+End
> Laptop layout - NVDA+Shift+End
>
> 2 - The End key is the one found on the six-pad between the letters
> and numeric keyboard, normally above the arrow keys.
>
> Rui
>
> -----Mensagem Original----- De: Don H
> Data: 21 de junho de 2017 22:26
> Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Assunto: Re: [nvda] reading status bar
>
> When I use nvda key shift end NVDA says no previous review mode.
>
> On 6/21/2017 4:24 PM, George McCoy wrote:
>> NVDA shift end is what you want.
>>
>> George
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Don H
>> Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: [nvda] reading status bar
>>
>> Running latest NVDA and Win 10.  In the NVDA documentation it says
>> that NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar.  Does not do it for me.
>> What am I doing wrong?

Brian's Mail list account

Yes one of the things affected by this is the read all but leave the cursor where it is, ie keypad plus. If screen review is on all sorts of odd things happen.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-