making suggestions for future NVDA

Don H

How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

Andre Fisher

Well, try creating an issue on github.

Cheers.

On 6/21/17, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future
development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to
the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

Quentin Christensen

Hi Don,

You can mention ideas here for discussion.  The best place to ensure they are recorded, is the GitHub page.  You do need to have a GitHub account, which is free and from memory only requires an e-mail address.  Here is our issues page: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I second your suggestion.

How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

Brian's Mail list account

A not very well documented thing to do from the average users point of view. github is far far more complicated to use than Trak used to be for ordinary, ie non programmer types who do not use it every day. it seriously needs a simple front end.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future
development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to
the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

Quentin Christensen

I try to encourage people to join this list.  If someone is able to file a GitHub issue themselves, then great, and it makes it easier for them to follow progress.  If not, and especially if it's something fairly simple to explain or reproduce, I'm more than happy to file issues for people.  Sometimes discussing something on the list here can help work out the best resolution (or in some cases, how to do whatever it is if there is already a way).

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 6:55 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
A not very well documented thing to do from the average users point of view. github is far far more complicated to use than Trak used to be for ordinary, ie non programmer types who do not use it every day. it seriously needs a simple front end.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andre Fisher" <andrefisher729@...>
How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future
development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to
the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Ralf Kefferpuetz

All,

I would like to post enhancement requests my own, what is the link to do so, please?

Cheers,

  Ralf

How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future
development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to
the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Me too. However the numbers issue has been there since 2014, but stillnot resolved. You can't make the synth speak in digits rather than nu8mbers.

This needs three settings, Words, Digits and Handled By Synth.

All the best

Steve

How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

Ralf Kefferpuetz

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/pulls

google was my friend... 😉

I would like to post enhancement requests my own, what is the link to do so, please?

Cheers,

  Ralf

How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future
development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to
the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

I think the original poster was asking for something else?  Though from the other thread on number reading, I'm looking into getting a status update on https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/4273 - It looks like some work went into this at the end of last year but then dropped off the radar.

We do have more issues to address than time to address them all, but it's always worth asking about things again!

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:
Hi,

Me too.  However the numbers issue has been there since 2014, but stillnot resolved.  You can't make the synth speak in digits rather than nu8mbers.

This needs three settings, Words, Digits and Handled By Synth.

All the best

Steve

How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Ha!  I should have read the other thread on number reading before replying this morning - or even checked the NVDA build I'm running this morning!

As noted in the other thread, in the latest "Next" build, under voice settings is the ability to set how numbers are read.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
[...]

I do agree. Due to there being so many ways to do the same thing in Windows, this also means that nvda can often be used to do things using a different windows feature to do it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

How can we as NVDA users make suggestions regarding the future
development of NVDA?
I would like to suggest adding a key label feature to NVDA similar to
the function in Window Eyes.
Thanks

--
Quentin Christensen