Anyone Using NVDA with MS OneNote?

Greg Rhodes <gkrhodes@...>

Anyone have experience using NVDA with the Microsoft         OneNote program? How user-friendly is it with NVDA? Add-ons needed? Thanks.

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

I looked at this very briefly and thought it was awful, but I may just be an experienced and not knowing what the program is designed to do. I was using a Office 2013, and nvda 2017 latest version. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to peruse for add-ons. Based on what I've heard in the last couple of years about the direction of Microsoft Office development there's no reason to think this shouldn't be accessible.  For my purposes though, being more of a mobile user, Google Docs serves nearly the same purpose and does a very good job.

On June 22, 2017 9:54:01 AM "Greg Rhodes" <gkrhodes@...> wrote:

Anyone have experience using NVDA with the Microsoft         OneNote program? How user-friendly is it with NVDA? Add-ons needed? Thanks.

I doodled with it, its another ribbonfilled office program.

I would prefur a note taker that uses menus, I just use notepad but I don't have the smartphone chain that would have me using bloated ms softwaare.

Once you get a device of chain of windows, android, and apple devices, then I could see where it would work but I only have single pcs so I can get round thhings.

On 23/06/2017 1:53 a.m., Greg Rhodes wrote:
Anyone have experience using NVDA with the Microsoft OneNote program? How user-friendly is it with NVDA? Add-ons needed? Thanks.

slery <slerythema@...>

They have made a lot of changes for accessibility. I am beginning to use it and I think there is an article on afb about the latest updates and how one blind person is using it.

I don't think very many blind people have an understanding of project management software since accessibility has been such an issue in this type of software.

I am using it on my Android phone and pc, but I am still very new to using it and can't really provide much assistance as I am still learning how to do things.
Cindy

On June 22, 2017 10:25:10 AM "erik burggraaf" <erik@...> wrote:

I looked at this very briefly and thought it was awful, but I may just be an experienced and not knowing what the program is designed to do. I was using a Office 2013, and nvda 2017 latest version. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to peruse for add-ons. Based on what I've heard in the last couple of years about the direction of Microsoft Office development there's no reason to think this shouldn't be accessible.  For my purposes though, being more of a mobile user, Google Docs serves nearly the same purpose and does a very good job.

On June 22, 2017 9:54:01 AM "Greg Rhodes" <gkrhodes@...> wrote:

Anyone have experience using NVDA with the Microsoft         OneNote program? How user-friendly is it with NVDA? Add-ons needed? Thanks.

Felix G.

Just tried it this morning. Lots of (to me) meaningless announcements like "content block 2 of 3," arrow keys not giving feedback, tab not getting me anywhere, lag, you name it, we've got it. For the moment I'll avoid the hastle and use a plain text file, 20th century but accessible.
Greetings,
Felix

slery <slerythema@...> schrieb am Mi., 13. Sep. 2017 um 07:18 Uhr:

[...]

Ben J. Bloomgren

I used it with Jaws, and it works well. I use Office 365.

Ben

On Sep 12, 2017, at 23:52, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

[...]

Are you using 2016?

Content blocks probably mean that you are in a template.

Cindy

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:
[...]

I'm using the app that came with Win 10. I do not have Office on this machine.
Greetings,
Felix

slery <slerythema@...> schrieb am Mi., 13. Sep. 2017 um 22:37 Uhr:

[...]

This may be the source of your frustrations.

On September 14, 2017 2:55:30 AM "Felix G." <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes I think you're right. Will try the version that comes with Office. Thank you for pointing me in that direction!
Greetings,
Felix

slery <slerythema@...> schrieb am Do., 14. Sep. 2017 um 15:43 Uhr:

[...]

Adlevision

Holy crap!  Microsoft has finally made this app usable!  Microsoft, who are you and what have you done with Microsoft?
Yes, there are quirks and issues (tables, for instance), but check out the shortcuts:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/keyboard-shortcuts-in-onenote-for-windows-44b8b3f4-c274-4bcc-a089-e80fdcc87950
...And even search is very accessible, which I haven't ever been able to say of MS Word.
I'm using Office 365 with NVDA.  We'll see how it goes long-term, but a couple of hours with it exceed Ulysses for Mac and all similar that I've tried.

Well of note, the office apps sway, one note, office lens and todo are free office apps.

So if these can be made accessible even if these are the only ms apps I use well I will be using them.