From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help with a Word Doc Form

Rob,

         It's also very weird how the form fields themselves are working in the form you gave the link to.  Once I land in a given field, I have to tab three times to go to the next one.  During each of those three tabs the actual size of the form field displayed changes (at least if it's blank).  This thing is a nightmare!!
--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413

            Niels Bohr

Laurie Mehta

To avoid this annoyance I go into reader view as soon as I get to an article I want to read.
That stops any video or sound popping up.
Then there's a button at the bottom to use to go back to non-reader view.

To go to reader view in the newest firefox just press control+alt+r. In older versions, go to the view menu by hitting alt and then arrow up to reader view and hit enter.

HTH,
LM

Subject: [nvda] Interfering videos while browsing
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Saturday, June 24, 2017, 1:01 PM

Hi,Please, any suggestion how to
stop the sudden launching of videos in Firefox while reading
an article or just browsing?  It is for sure annoying and
makes it very difficult to continue reading.BlessingsPascal  From:
nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help with a Word Doc
Form
 Rob,

         It's also very weird
how the form fields themselves are working in the form you
gave the link to.  Once I land in a given field, I have
to tab three times to go to the next one.  During each
of those three tabs the actual size of the form field
displayed changes (at least if it's blank).  This
thing is a nightmare!!
--
Brian  - Windows 10 Home,
64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413
     The
opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.
But the opposite of a profound truth may well be
another profound
truth.
  ~ Niels
Bohr

Pascal Lambert

Many thanks Laurie. Very much appreciated.
Blessings
Pascal

Date: Saturday, June 24, 2017, 1:01 PM

Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Rob,

It's also very weird
how the form fields themselves are working in the form you gave the link to. Once I land in a given field, I have to tab three times to go to the next one. During each of those three tabs the actual size of the form field displayed changes (at least if it's blank). This thing is a nightmare!!
--
Brian - Windows 10 Home,
64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413
The
opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels
Bohr

hi i have a solution for you!
in the address bar, type
about:config
press enter twice and also accept its risk.
then in its search, find these three items and press enter on them to
change them from true to false.
in this way, you completely quit autoplaying of media files.
also deactivate or uninstall flash player.
here you are the three items that you should make false.

media.directshow.enabled
media.autoplay.enabled
media.play-stand-alone

Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Rob,

It's also very weird
how the form fields themselves are working in the form you gave the link
to. Once I land in a given field, I have to tab three times to go to the
next one. During each of those three tabs the actual size of the form
field displayed changes (at least if it's blank). This thing is a
nightmare!!
--
Brian - Windows 10 Home,
64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413
The
opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of
a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels
Bohr

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

That's not convenient to reverse if you want to hear something on a site.  Also, sites are increasingly using HTML5 for audio so I suspect that that solution will be increasingly ineffective over time.  I would suggest waiting for other proposed solutions.

Regarding Flash content, a solution that would probably be much more convenient, though I haven't tried it is to use the add ons manager to set Flash to ask before it plays something.  I'm not sure if that is a good solution because you may be asked a lot and it may be annoying but that is a possible solution to the Flash part of the problem that would be far easier to work with if you do want to hear something.

Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2017 12:23 AM

On 6/25/17, Pascal Lambert <rambeau68@...> wrote:
> Many thanks Laurie.  Very much appreciated.
> Blessings
> Pascal

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Poor web site design. There always should be some simple disable option but sadly, often there is not. File hippo do this sometimes when you want to download a program and if you are on a metered internet connection like a phone data link you can soon run out of data and start to curse the web site for being so annoying. Some mobile sites tend to stop this but most now think if you are on a computer you are fair game for all sorts of rubbish.
I guess you might be able to disable in the browser all video content. I've never looked into that option but it should not really be for us to figure it out if awe site is designed correctly to start with.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Unfortunately alt/control R is being isused for something else by me from ages ago.

Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Form
Rob,

It's also very weird
how the form fields themselves are working in the form you
gave the link to. Once I land in a given field, I have
to tab three times to go to the next one. During each
of those three tabs the actual size of the form field
displayed changes (at least if it's blank). This
thing is a nightmare!!
--
Brian - Windows 10 Home,
64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413
The
opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.
But the opposite of a profound truth may well be
another profound
truth.
~ Niels
Bohr

Gene

I really doubt there is a general option such as that.  There are specific options to di9sable specific forms fo content such as Flash but browsers don't, and I doubt they can, because of different ways content is conveyed, have a general disable all option.  One possible solution might be to use a JAVA script disabler which you can easily turn off and on, depending on what you want to do on the site but I haven't used any enough to know how convenient they are to use.  Going into about:config whenever there is something you want to hear may be possible, but it's cumbersome.

Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2017 2:24 AM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

         It's also very weird how the form fields themselves are working in
the form you gave the link to.  Once I land in a given field, I have to tab
three times to go to the next one.  During each of those three tabs the
actual size of the form field displayed changes (at least if it's blank).
This thing is a nightmare!!
--
Brian  - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413

     The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.  But the
opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.

            ~ Niels Bohr

i did my solution and make changes in about:config
and it works for me completely perfect.
i guarantee its accuracy!
i completely deactivating all audio and media files from auto playing.
so do it without any worried and be sure that its helpful.
autoplaying of audio video files happenssince firefox 26 and its
solution i wrote in previous comment.

[...]

If you are using that key combination for something else in Firefox that you had previously designated yourself, just go into the view menu and arrow to the reader view option manually and hit enter. Shouldn't that work for you even though you redesignated that key combination for your personal use?
-LM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Sunday, June 25, 2017, 12:26 AM

Unfortunately alt/control R is being isused
for something else by me from
ages ago.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk